Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yak Yeman Arabicum

Posted by kodom087 9 Houston (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 10:12

Here are some pictures of my three Yak Yeman arabicums. I was gifted them early last year. The have been changing quite a bit and the Bottle caudex on one of them has quickly become my favorite of the three.

Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yak Yeman Arabicum

Those are so cool, Kirk. The one you are holding is very stout. All for that matter. I find that my Arabicums are sure slow to produce leaves.
Rick

o

The two with minimal leaves I had recently given a haircut. I've been experimenting doing that to see if it really helps fatten them up and keep the leaf nodes closer together like in those photos of the socos.

Kirk

o

I wonder how long it takes them to put on that really wide girth on the caudex. I placed my babies in a wide pot hoping they quickly fill up the space but they really are slow.

Gorgeous plants Kirk.

o

I'm guessing they were 1 year old when I got them. They have about doubled in size in the year I've had them. All those seedlings on that table (including these) get the most sun of all my adeniums. Probably from about 9 am - 5 pm.

The only thing I've done different this year is using a fertilizer called Plumeria Crack (plumeriacrack.com) from a lady in the Beyond Plumie Addiction on FB that mixes it herself. She uses it on her plumeria and adeniums so I thought I'd try it out. Also been using Spray-n-Grow.

I must say that my adeniums do not seem to be getting as leggy like last year. The leaves are, for the most part, staying much closer together and the plants seem to be looking a bit more healthy. Biggest difference that I'm not sure is just a coincidence or not is I haven't had much of a aphid problem this year. And I've not had any red spider mite attacks at all this year as well.

Kirk

o

Love the shapes of your plants Kirk!

I need to get some arabicums. I only have three small seedlings.

Mark

o

They are good looking Kirk.
Arabicum get fat quicker than obesum.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here