Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know what variety this may be!

Posted by ks-girl 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 12:35

This one I got a couple years ago and it's different from all my others. The leaves are tiny, most are 1/4 the size of all my others. It's never bloomed for me and all my others do bloom several times a year and this one gets the same care. It never looses it's leaves during the winter.
Is this a different variety, does anyone know.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know what variety this may be!

No idea but the obesum that I've been training as a bonsai for the past several years has very small leaves. No blooms yet though.

o

Ks, it looks like obesum, and it is pretty without any bloom. Karyn got a good point, because bonsai type had very small leaves.

Please post if it ever has any bloom.
Marie

o

Thanks Marie & Karyn, do these types come in many colors also? If it ever blooms I'll post a picture but I've had it at least 3 years now and none yet.

o

They do come in a variety of colors but most often you'll see pink or a pink/white combination.

You might consider pruning some of the small branches to open the plant up a bit.

o

Thanks Karyn, So they come in basically the same colors as the larger leafed ones. I'd love to see a picture of the one you're training as a Bonsai. I've been trying to decide what I wanted to do with mine.

o

Hi,
I got this one labeled as Adenium arabicum 'Tiny Leaves'--its obviously grafted though --is yours?.
The largest leaves are the size of my thumb.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here