Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

First seed pod

kodom087 z9a
9 years ago

Woohoo! My first seed pod. All my hand pollination attempts have failed. I gave up. Then low and behold, my Kanjana Yellow has a seed pod forming. And it had nothing to do with me. Finally some critter did the work for me.

Can't wait to see it fully grown and matured!
{{gwi:348469}}

Kirk

Comments (11)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Wonderful, Kirk. I can see it now. Kodom Adeniums Specialty Nursery.
    Let me know.
    Rick

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL Thanks, Rick! I'll keep you posted if that ever happens. I'm just curious which plant was the pollen donator.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Congrats.....

So funny to read your post.

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Marie.

Like you said in one of your posts, your friends just don't understand the joy we get from these plants. I guess it's only something a fellow addict can relate to even if we try to compare it with their passions.

Last night I was at a friend's house for the first time for a farewell dinner for someone else. She has a beautiful red adenium on her front porch. I'd say it closely resembles the Black Fire variety. I was so happy to be able to have someone to talk to in person about them. I happened to have my ipad on hand and quickly started showing her pictures of all of mine and of ones I want to eventually get.

I think she's totally hooked as she now definitely wants more. She had a seed pod on hers last year but was out of town when it opened. She was heartbroken.

Kirk

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Congrats Kirk!! I hope you get more seed pods!! I'm hoping I can at least get one! Haha

Mark

• averil
    9 years ago

How exciting to get a seed pod. You will be nursing it like a first born lol

Congrats

Averil

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Congrats, Kirk. Keep us posted on the progress of the seeds pod.

I'm headed to Houston this weekend and will check-out the nursery's you mentioned for DR's.

Lonnie

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Kirk, you're pregnant! Congratulations! And also for finding another grower nearby. I don't know any adenium person around here either and I suspect there isn't any because the plants sold at the big box stores just die on the shelf without any takers.

Pagan

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I'm finding myself impatient waiting on it to grow. LOL But it seems to be doing it somewhat quickly.

Lonnie, you'll have to tell me if there were plenty to choose from or if stock has dwindled down to the standard reds and pinks.

I'll be posting another surprise a little later this afternoon/evening. So stay tuned. Ha!

Kirk

• Relve
    9 years ago

The pod stuck my adenium was born. The capsules are generally separated into horn, but this range gives my only pods thus almost glued together.
    This can be a genetic problem or feature of this variety?

Relve (Brazil)

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hopefully someone with a lot of seed pod experience will be able to answer. Mine is only producing one pot but I suspect that it's really two and they are stuck together as well.

Kirk

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida