Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First seed pod

Posted by kodom087 9 Houston (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 12:43

Woohoo! My first seed pod. All my hand pollination attempts have failed. I gave up. Then low and behold, my Kanjana Yellow has a seed pod forming. And it had nothing to do with me. Finally some critter did the work for me.

Can't wait to see it fully grown and matured!

Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First seed pod

Wonderful, Kirk. I can see it now. Kodom Adeniums Specialty Nursery.
Let me know.
Rick

o

LOL Thanks, Rick! I'll keep you posted if that ever happens. I'm just curious which plant was the pollen donator.

Kirk

o

Congrats.....

So funny to read your post.

Marie

o

Thanks, Marie.

Like you said in one of your posts, your friends just don't understand the joy we get from these plants. I guess it's only something a fellow addict can relate to even if we try to compare it with their passions.

Last night I was at a friend's house for the first time for a farewell dinner for someone else. She has a beautiful red adenium on her front porch. I'd say it closely resembles the Black Fire variety. I was so happy to be able to have someone to talk to in person about them. I happened to have my ipad on hand and quickly started showing her pictures of all of mine and of ones I want to eventually get.

I think she's totally hooked as she now definitely wants more. She had a seed pod on hers last year but was out of town when it opened. She was heartbroken.

Kirk

o

Congrats Kirk!! I hope you get more seed pods!! I'm hoping I can at least get one! Haha

Mark

o

How exciting to get a seed pod. You will be nursing it like a first born lol

Congrats

Averil

o

Congrats, Kirk. Keep us posted on the progress of the seeds pod.

I'm headed to Houston this weekend and will check-out the nursery's you mentioned for DR's.

Lonnie

o

Kirk, you're pregnant! Congratulations! And also for finding another grower nearby. I don't know any adenium person around here either and I suspect there isn't any because the plants sold at the big box stores just die on the shelf without any takers.

Pagan

o

Thanks, everyone! I'm finding myself impatient waiting on it to grow. LOL But it seems to be doing it somewhat quickly.

Lonnie, you'll have to tell me if there were plenty to choose from or if stock has dwindled down to the standard reds and pinks.

I'll be posting another surprise a little later this afternoon/evening. So stay tuned. Ha!

Kirk

o

The pod stuck my adenium was born. The capsules are generally separated into horn, but this range gives my only pods thus almost glued together.
This can be a genetic problem or feature of this variety?

Relve (Brazil)

o

Hopefully someone with a lot of seed pod experience will be able to answer. Mine is only producing one pot but I suspect that it's really two and they are stuck together as well.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here