Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcharles_gw

Some of my Collection - Thought I would share

This is some of my collection and hoping for lots of blooms on many of my seedlings.
Just trying out my Photobucket acct. for multiple photo's.

{{gwi:348566}}

{{gwi:348567}}
This is my Somalense (sold as, still out until I see a flower)

{{gwi:348568}}

{{gwi:348569}}

{{gwi:348570}}
Rick

Comments (16)

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Excellent looking plants Rick!! I see some buds in there! Great job!! Do you have your plants in a green house, or it's like a cold frame?

Mark

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Looking great, Rick! Keep up the good work and the pictures.

Kirk

• Adeniumlover
    9 years ago

Great collection there, hope to see some flowers soon...

• kiwijoe21
    9 years ago

Oh yeah ...that's what I'm saying. Big collection!!! Looking good Rick.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you. Lots of enjoyment here.
    Mark, it would be a cold frame structure raised off the ground by 3 1/2' with mesh floor. I have a greenhouse (unheated) also, but trees close by are starting to block some of the light. Can't take them down.
    This mini greenhouse is on south east side of house and gets sun all day long. Like to have roof on, because then I control when and with what they get watered with. I keep quite a few on both decks also.
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Rick, wow.....looking good, looking good.
    Nice greenhouse....do you still have room in your GH? Can I keep some of my plants in your GH?
    Your seedlings will keep you busy.....

Marie

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Rick! lol I don't know what to say. I wish you were my neighbour! Hell, I wish all of you were my neighbours. Oggling each other's plants will be much easier

pagan

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't have room in my greenhouse Marie, but if I did I would snaffle some of yours in a heart beat. These things are crazy. I keep saying no, but somehow I keep starting more. What can I say. Crazy, He!.
    I wish it where easier for me to send plants to many of my friends here on GW from here (Canada).
    Many moons ago a friend gave us so many plants or cuttings and now the sharing and giving is my time to give back. This is the part of gardening that makes it so special to me.
    You are all very special to me.
    Thanks, Rick

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Unbelievable collection!!!! So unique ;). They all put a smile on my face ;-).
    Thanks for sharing !!

Chuy

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Very nice collection, Rick.

Lonnie

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

Wow, impressing collection !

The double flowering one to the right in the first
    picture looks very special / lovely.

I hope you'll post a close-up of that one sometime.

Britta

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Lovely plants...and planters too Rick. I'm sure they will be even more flowers real soon for you as they look really healthy. Didn't realise you had so many, great work!

Gill UK

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Holy catz Rick! Very very impressive looking collection. Everything looks so neat and healthy. Nice! Thank you for sharing your photos.

• _eee
    9 years ago

Fabulous collection. Wish I had the room. Would love to seem them again when they are in bloom.
    Dottie

• User
    9 years ago

Rick,
    Wonderful collection, as others have said, so clean and healthy. Interesting to see you have some outdoors. As you are in Canada you must be on a similar latitude to me, 53 degrees north, but you have warmer summers I think. They are obviously responding to the care you give.
    Regards,
    Brian UK.

• haworthia
    9 years ago

very nice collection Rick. I wasn't expecting anything less than pictured :). Thanks for sharing