Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Bonsai white single adenium (desert rose)

Marie Tran
9 years ago

This is only bonsai pot adenium I have. It is about 10 years old. Each and every year, it blooms later then the rest of the collection, but it always give me full head of blooms all around. I am happy with this plant. White single and beautiful. The blooms last about 2 weeks. There are about 10 or more buds ready to open in few days. The caudex shapes like a snake.

{{gwi:348630}}

{{gwi:348633}}

{{gwi:348635}}

{{gwi:348637}}

{{gwi:348639}}

{{gwi:348641}}

{{gwi:348645}}

{{gwi:348647}}

{{gwi:348649}}

{{gwi:348651}}

{{gwi:348653}}

{{gwi:348654}}

{{gwi:348655}}

{{gwi:348656}}

{{gwi:348657}}

Comments (24)

• Adeniumlover
    9 years ago

All i can say is Wow!

• Adeniumlover
    9 years ago

All i can say is Wow!
    Did you wire you DR to the pot ? your DR look really stable

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Adeniumlover, no I didn't wire it to the pot. The pot is deep enough, so it is okay without wire.

Marie

• Adeniumlover
    9 years ago

I just moved three of my DRs to bonsai style. they look pretty nice. I'll post the pictures as soon as find out how to do it...i wish mine look as good as yours (Marie).

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

That is beautiful Marie. Looks like a piece of art work. The caudex is Magnificant. Love it. I also like that the flower is a single on it.
    Rick

• User
    9 years ago

Marie,
    I think you have achieved the ideal, an interesting caudex and full head of bloom with a great overall shape. Well done, a real winner.
    Brian UK.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Rick and Brian. I appreciated both of your comments a great deal.

My coworkers don't understand why I look at these plants every day and not retired of them. When I don't look at my plants pictures, I look at everybody else plants pictures. I read about them, I search for them ect....

I am totally obsessed about them. LOL they make me happy.

Marie

• koi3300
    9 years ago

Wow, Marie, looking at the photos they were really beautiful. You have bring DR to a new dimension with your bonsai style, good caudex spreadout and formation and top it all with full blooms. Great job and keep it up.

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Amazing plant!!! I like how it is fully covered in blooms!!

Excellent plant!!

Mark

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

I get the same thing here Marie. Friends an acquaintances cannot quite grasp my addiction/passion for my plants. They are my joy and reward.
    We all should have a passion for something that we can lose ourselves in.
    I always say, "it is a safe addiction".
    Either way Marie, we all share your excitement of these and many other plants.
    Rick

• Marlene666
    9 years ago

Marie Amazing plant, beautiful caudex. Other people think we are crazy but we know we are not and that is all that matters.
    Marlene

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Why can't mine bloom like that?? I am so jealous! :)
    something may be wrong with mine.. it began to grow and sprout new leaves, but hasn't gone past that.... several blooms here and there.. but just am not quite sure.. wish I knew. :)

Chuy

• _eee
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh, just beautiful.
    Dottie

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Very pretty.

Lonnie

• Desirai
    9 years ago

that is so adorable, how do you get a plant that small to flower??

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

As always I love your collections, Marie. I am very much fond of that pot and wish I'd grabbed a couple more of them from JRN when I had the chance. Last couple of times I've been there I have not seen any more of this particular pot. Have you found them any where else?

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you every one with nice comments.
    Rick and Marlene other addiction could be worst, right?

Chuy, I am sure your plants are beautiful in your eyes. I know many of my plants doing better as years go by.

Desirai, I trim all the branches each year, not letting any stem grows leggy. It is short, but not young.

Kirk, about the pot. JRN doesn't have those pots at this time, but later when new shipment comes.

Marie

• Pagan
    9 years ago

The blooms are beautiful, Marie. But you know me---I'm all about the caudex and that one has knots and curls to die for!

Pagan

• kiwijoe21
    9 years ago

That is an amazing plant ...who could ask for anything more.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Pagan and Kiwijoe...

Even though many blooms had fallen off, but still so many open and flowers everywhere.These are from this morning.

{{gwi:348658}}

{{gwi:348659}}

{{gwi:348660}}

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Marie,

That is one beautiful looking plant. Singles are my favorite. You have it displayed so perfectly. LOVE it!

I just came back from vacation so I'm trying to catch up with all the wonderful posts. My adeniums are FINALLY starting to leaf out. Gosh it has been a strange year. No warm weather so cool and always cloudy.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

• jasonwipf
    9 years ago

Thats what I want all my Adeniums to look like. Nice job!

• averil
    9 years ago

Aw what is there to say? Absolutely gorgeous. Love the shape, the flowers, the pot. Absolutely love it!!

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Ladylotus, Jason and Averil....
    This morning I look and so many flowers still on it....The single flowers last much longer than double and triple.

Marie

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths