Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bonsai white single adenium (desert rose)

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 13:42

This is only bonsai pot adenium I have. It is about 10 years old. Each and every year, it blooms later then the rest of the collection, but it always give me full head of blooms all around. I am happy with this plant. White single and beautiful. The blooms last about 2 weeks. There are about 10 or more buds ready to open in few days. The caudex shapes like a snake.

photo IMG_0492.jpg

photo IMG_0486.jpg

photo IMG_0501.jpg

photo IMG_0420.jpg

photo IMG_0488.jpg

photo IMG_0497.jpg

photo IMG_0487.jpg

photo IMG_0496.jpg

photo IMG_0494.jpg

photo IMG_0426.jpg

photo IMG_0493.jpg

photo IMG_0489.jpg

photo IMG_0485.jpg

photo IMG_0415.jpg

photo IMG_0484.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bonsai white single adenium (desert rose)

All i can say is Wow!

o

All i can say is Wow!
Did you wire you DR to the pot ? your DR look really stable

o

Thank you Adeniumlover, no I didn't wire it to the pot. The pot is deep enough, so it is okay without wire.

Marie

o

I just moved three of my DRs to bonsai style. they look pretty nice. I'll post the pictures as soon as find out how to do it...i wish mine look as good as yours (Marie).

o

That is beautiful Marie. Looks like a piece of art work. The caudex is Magnificant. Love it. I also like that the flower is a single on it.
Rick

o

Marie,
I think you have achieved the ideal, an interesting caudex and full head of bloom with a great overall shape. Well done, a real winner.
Brian UK.

o

Thank you Rick and Brian. I appreciated both of your comments a great deal.

My coworkers don't understand why I look at these plants every day and not retired of them. When I don't look at my plants pictures, I look at everybody else plants pictures. I read about them, I search for them ect....

I am totally obsessed about them. LOL they make me happy.

Marie

o

Wow, Marie, looking at the photos they were really beautiful. You have bring DR to a new dimension with your bonsai style, good caudex spreadout and formation and top it all with full blooms. Great job and keep it up.

o

Amazing plant!!! I like how it is fully covered in blooms!!

Excellent plant!!

Mark

o

I get the same thing here Marie. Friends an acquaintances cannot quite grasp my addiction/passion for my plants. They are my joy and reward.
We all should have a passion for something that we can lose ourselves in.
I always say, "it is a safe addiction".
Either way Marie, we all share your excitement of these and many other plants.
Rick

o

Marie Amazing plant, beautiful caudex. Other people think we are crazy but we know we are not and that is all that matters.
Marlene

o

Why can't mine bloom like that?? I am so jealous! :)
something may be wrong with mine.. it began to grow and sprout new leaves, but hasn't gone past that.... several blooms here and there.. but just am not quite sure.. wish I knew. :)

Chuy

o

Oh my gosh, just beautiful.
Dottie

o

Very pretty.

Lonnie

o

that is so adorable, how do you get a plant that small to flower??

o

As always I love your collections, Marie. I am very much fond of that pot and wish I'd grabbed a couple more of them from JRN when I had the chance. Last couple of times I've been there I have not seen any more of this particular pot. Have you found them any where else?

Kirk

o

Thank you every one with nice comments.
Rick and Marlene other addiction could be worst, right?

Chuy, I am sure your plants are beautiful in your eyes. I know many of my plants doing better as years go by.

Desirai, I trim all the branches each year, not letting any stem grows leggy. It is short, but not young.

Kirk, about the pot. JRN doesn't have those pots at this time, but later when new shipment comes.

Marie

o

The blooms are beautiful, Marie. But you know me---I'm all about the caudex and that one has knots and curls to die for!

Pagan

o

That is an amazing plant ...who could ask for anything more.

o

Thank you Pagan and Kiwijoe...

Even though many blooms had fallen off, but still so many open and flowers everywhere.These are from this morning.

photo IMG_0612.jpg

photo IMG_0608.jpg

photo IMG_0607.jpg

o

Marie,

That is one beautiful looking plant. Singles are my favorite. You have it displayed so perfectly. LOVE it!

I just came back from vacation so I'm trying to catch up with all the wonderful posts. My adeniums are FINALLY starting to leaf out. Gosh it has been a strange year. No warm weather so cool and always cloudy.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

o

Thats what I want all my Adeniums to look like. Nice job!

o

Aw what is there to say? Absolutely gorgeous. Love the shape, the flowers, the pot. Absolutely love it!!

o

Thank you Ladylotus, Jason and Averil....
This morning I look and so many flowers still on it....The single flowers last much longer than double and triple.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here