Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seedlings from M.r Ko

Posted by ixorapink (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 14:46

These are my double & triple flowers 45 different kind seedlings (500) from Mr. Ko, I plant them on 7/15, they are one week old 7/22, they are in my green house with direct sun 115 degree hope they will be ok.
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seedlings from Mr. Ko

closeup picture

o
RE: seedlings from Mr. Ko

more picture

o
RE: seedlings from M.r Ko

Did you use any chemical fertilizer?

o

Hello there...I would be very careful with direct sun at 115 degrees, can you provide some kind of shading for them especially during the hottest hours? Maybe standing those trays in a water bath would help by creating a microclimate (I'm assuming the planting trays have no drainage holes?) Newly emerged seeds do require rather moist conditions rather than the gritty fast draining mix the oldies prefer as they don't like to dry out at the roots. I think they will be drying too rapidly given that heat/mix combo. I too hope they will be OK for you :)

You are certainly growing a mini forest...what are your plans for all of them?

Gill UK

o

Here in Brazil I sow and leave in direct sun, temperatures range from 28ºC to 35ºC, has no problems, you just do not let the substrate dry.
A simple rule for adeniuns: the more sun, the more they grow.

o

"More sun, more they grow". As long as you acclimatized them to it could you have adeniums under 24hr grow lights?

o

Wow so many seedlings. Please keep us update. Where are you located?

Mark

o

Thanks everyone.

Relve & Jason wipf - I do agree with you the more sun the faster & healthier the plants are. I don't use any fertilizer on the seedling what would you suggest Relve.

Gill - I did drill the holes for the container, my mix are 80% vermiculite+20% perlite, then laid down the seeds then dress top with turface. I want to see if I can get some double or triple flower out of these seedling .

Mark - I'm from Texas USA, will keep seedlings update.

Jan

o

Hi, yes, realise 'more sun faster they grow' syndrome but was just concerned as they are so small and need to be kept moist at all times.

Gill UK

o

Thanks GrilI I'll make sure to keep them moist.

o

Jan,

Where you located in Texas?
I'm in the DFW area, Kirk and Marie are in Houston.
Lonnie

o

Hi Lonnie, I am in Arlington, Tx
Jan

o

Jan,

I live just South of Ft. Worth and work in Grand Prairie.
I just received seeds from the same vendor. I will plant 7/1-2 when the moon phase is favorable. I see trades in the future!! LOL

Lonnie

o

sure Lonnie, maybe we can trade in the future, I will update my seedlings picture every week, you should sow seed right now, so they can be harden off before winter hit.
Jan

o

Jan,

I will plant the new seeds this Friday or Saturday.
I currently have nine seedlings that are about two months old. I also have plant stands in the house if I need to bring them in for the winter.

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here