Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buddha Belly (Jatropha)

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 16:22

Any body in here have Buddha Belly plant? It is very much like DR for caring info. I had this plant 5 years ago. It blooms all summer, 1-2 bundles of small red flowers at all time.

photo IMG_0852.jpg

photo IMG_0851.jpg

photo IMG_0850.jpg

photo IMG_0849.jpg

photo IMG_0848.jpg

photo IMG_0847.jpg

photo IMG_0846.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buddha Belly (Jatropha)

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 16:57

Marie,
i had this plant a few years ago and lost it in the winter. I just re ordered today and here you post. Yours is a lot bigger and nicer. Love your plant.
Sharon

o

i'm so jealous.....You really have a green thumb. It's beautiful!!!

o

Marie,
It may not matter a lot but you have Jatropha cathartica (Baseball) and not Jatropha podagrica (Buddha Belly.
Bobby

o

bgp.123,
Thank you for the info. I had the Jatropha 'padagrica' and I gave it to a friend.
The "baseball" one you have Marie has different leaves than what I had, but I much prefer yours.
I love the base. Looks like a round rock inside of the other rocks you have surrounding it.
So neat.
Rick

o

These are amazing. I had one about 20years ago. I need to get another one one day. I love plants like this. Your's is beautiful!

Kirk

o

Excellent plant!! Do you ever get any seeds? I need to get me one of those.

Mark

o

The leaves look like miniature papaya leaves!

Marie, what is the plant you have had the longest?

Pagan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here