Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this yellow?

Posted by adenium1949 UK (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 16:30

Hello all,
Here is the first blooming of a seedling from Mr. Ko's cross 37 x 1, which is double yellow x double yellow. The bloom opened this morning (13th). As you can see it is single, and the pale colour is very difficult to capture in a photo. The picture I am posting comes closest to my eyes. This is the most "yellow" of this batch to date, others have been "off white". So what do you think, is it yellow? If the bloom changes significantly in the following days I will post further pictures. There are a few other seedlings from this batch as yet unflowered.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this yellow?

Here is a pic of the whole plant. All of these seedlings have identical form and are easy to identify amongst other crosses. They all have slender grey stems that have little variation in thickness along their length and very little in the way of caudex at this time.
Brian UK.

o

Brian,

It looks yellow on my calibrated monitor. Yay for Mr. Ko's pollinating skills and for your nurturing as well!

If you have a piece of Lego lying around, you can use that to kind of benchmark the colors on your photos. I am assuming, of course, that most of us know what Lego blue looks like, for example.

Pagan

o

Brian, possibly the color will deepen with age or in a humid environment may be darker? Although your greenhouse is probably humid.
I think for what they call 'yellow', it is a yellow. So many Yellows that I have thought about getting, but they are seldom what the advertised photo's show.
Seems that holding the yellow color for any length of time is the toughest for them.
Beautiful bloom.
Rick

o

Looks like a yellow to me ...I've always had this trouble on distinguishing light yellows to dark yellows.

The picture that I will post is the yellowest that I've ever had.
*please excuse the picture ...it was taken at night. I will bring in tonight and put it close to something yellow I have and repost the pic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here