Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagation advice

Posted by averil none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 16:36

Hi there. Ive just recently come across these lovely plants. I bought 5 seeds on ebay and i got 4 out of 5 to germinate and they are doing well after removing them from prop after about 3 days. However, how soon should they be removed from the propogator?. Should they be taken out a couple of days after their heads surface or should they be left in a wee bit longer. Im just wondering if i should have left them in a bit longer and brought them on a bit more. Any advice appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagation advice

I think they are pretty hardy and they seem to be tolerating what you did just fine - maybe just depends what your needs and preferences are?

I plant mine in strawberry containers and keep them on a heat mat for germination, then I leave them in that container until they grow a little / straighten up from the "swan head". Then I'll put them about 5 to a little pot and...gasp...they go outside in the sun!

I think you did just fine, especially if they're doing well - they are amazingly tolerant! Good job! Are you growing Obesum? I'm growing Obesum and Arabicum and they're both very hardy.

o
RE: Propagation advice

Hi there elucas, Thanks for that. Im surprised you put them straight out in the sun, I was always told to introduce them to the sun very gradually after they have their proper leaves. Mines are on a windowsill at the mo and the first sign of sun i move them ha ha, I will be making them parasols next, (Just a worried first time parent). Im growing obesum at the moment. I have another little forest going in the prop at the mo and im hoping they come along dandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here