Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What brand fertilizer for Desert Rose

Posted by luvpatch 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 16:43

Hi! I have fallen in love with Desert Rose plants and ordered 4 plants from a company in the Spring. They are growing nicely with leaves but I don't have any flowers yet. What is the best fertilizer for Desert Rose plants and how often do you fertilize? Can you give me the names of what you use to fertilizer? Thanks so much! Any tips would be fabulous!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What brand fertilizer for Desert Rose

Hello, there, and welcome!

If you use a liquid fertilizer then go with a balanced of like 13-13-13 at half strength. The closest to a balanced liquid fert I've been able to find in my area was Miricle Gro African Violet. You can use Osmacote that's also balanced and don't have to worry about mixing and feeding weekly or biweekly. These have worked well for me and got me comfortable with caring for them.

I recently also added Spray-N-Grow for the micronutrients and I've been super happy with the results I seem to be seeing this year as compared to last year. For me, they seem more healthy and a lot more pest resistant than they were last year. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not but it's looks like it's working for me.

Hope this helps and others will add their experiences and what they use. There's a lot of good products out there and it will basically end up to personal preference.

Kirk

o
RE: What brand fertilizer for Desert Rose

I have been using Plant Pro Foliage Pro 9-3-6 ( sold in Hydroponics stores). This was recommended by quite a few on this site and it has proven very good.
I have used Miracle Gro 24-8-16 before.
I like to use half strength every 7days instead of full strength every two weeks as most methods advertised on labels.
Right now most of mine need watering every 2 days and I use plain water in between fertilizing to help flush excess salts from soil.
Hope this helps.
There are some wonderful articles on this site which help to get a better idea how water and soil mix work together.
If you search threads in this forum group you will find them.
Rick

This post was edited by rcharles on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 23:48

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here