Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcharles_gw

Some of my Adenium Seedlings

Photo's of some of my Adenium seedling from last Spring.

{{gwi:349125}}

{{gwi:349126}}

Rick

Comments (12)

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Wow! They look so good! I like how they are all different. Some tall some short and fat. I love that about Adeniums!

Mark

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Adenium are like Cracker Jacks. You never know what the prize in the box will be. Those look great. How many in all?

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have about 35 in 4" pots and 70+ in 2 1/4" pots and a few pots of newer seedlings.
    Keep the stronger and more interesting and farm out the rest.
    Sometimes I think I've gone mad, but it is my only addiction.
    Other than this website.
    Rick

• jv44
    10 years ago

Awwww....they look great from what I can see--I just wish they were bigger photos! Obesums? Arabicums? I think I can see both but not sure. Yes, definitely an addiction--today I gave away about 15 of mine (about 5 to 6 week old seedlings) to make room for more....yesterday I sowed another 60 Ko seeds and have a LOT more seeds coming this week in a trade.....

Mike in MN

• User
    10 years ago

Rick,
    They look excellent, have you checked for buds?

Brian UK.

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Goodness, Rick. Such lush plants. Did you say "some"?! lol How many are there, exactly?

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike, I know what you mean about the small photo's and I am going to send them through next time in something a little larger. Also, noticed with my older camera that the photo's are a bit grainy when posted.

Brian, I am watching and hoping to see some bids this summer. If only on one or two would suffice.

Pagan, too many plants I think. I have kept a mix of varieties and sent of probably 150 seedlings to different people. Keeping the larger and unique for myself. There are a mix of obesum hybrids, Somalense x, crispum x, Arabicum, Thai Soco, swazicum x.
    I kept a fair number of plants of particular name, as I want to see their different characteristics and just how close they come in flower to their labeled parent.
    Rick

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Rick,
    They all look great- jealous!! I have about 10 seedlings that are still tiny! But I would like to know what mix you have yours in? I had one medium size Adenium that unfortunately was stolen! So thought I'd try starting from seed. Thanks!

Chuy

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chuy,
    I have them in a mix similar to the gritty mix of 'Al's' and I say similar only as some of the ingredients are not exactly the same due to availability, but the ratio's are the same.
    I start in a mix of coconut coir/perlite.

I am hoping for a few nice specimens from my seedlings. Cannot keep all of these. Would just like a nice collection in future.
    Sorry to here about someone stealing your Adenium.
    Rick

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Thanks Rick!

Chuy

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Rick, you have a little forest there. They are looking very good. In their own greenhouse?
    Marie

• ladylotus
    10 years ago

Rick,

Your seedlings are looking fantastic for a year and 1/2. They look very healthy!

Mike in MN,

I chuckled out loud at the thought of you getting rid of seedlings only to plant 2 or 3 times more seeds. ha ha. I think this crazy addiction is comical. I have the same problem. I planted 700 seeds in March/April and most of them grew. NOW...I purchased that many red solo cups and need to start repotting all of them. I think I am nutz!