Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedlings at 3 weeks

Posted by mscynthia 8 - just N of Dallas (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 18:11

All are coming along well (I think) except the one on the front left - it just has a nub where the cotyledons should be. No sign of leaves popping out so maybe it's a mutant. They were all planted at the same time and germinated within 24 hours of each other. Anyone have any ideas what happened?

This post was edited by mscynthia on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 18:15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedlings at 3 weeks

Cynthia, because he is a baby brother, so he is smaller than the rest of his siblings. hehehe
This is normal....

o

LOL! Thanks for the reassurance. It'll be interesting to see what it does.

o

I have had some like this that just don't ever grow at all and have eventually gotten rid of them....

o

Hello Cynthia, wow. wonderful looking babies!!
Could you please tell me what you planted your seeds in? are they peat disks for normal seeds?

Thank you,
Rosa

o

Rosa - yes, those are peat disks from Burpee's.

o

Cynthia,
>thank you for your help and input!
I was always afraid to use them for my desert roses, because I thought they retain too much moisture. How often do you water them?

o

The seedlings are outside (temps in the high 90s+) and in sun until around 1:00 p.m. I water them every morning which keeps them moist but not wet. I read here that letting seedlings dry out is the kiss of death.

For germination, I got the disks really wet and put them in one of those plastic "greenhouses" outside. I was going for hot and really humid conditions. Didn't need to water them at all until I removed them. Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here