Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Learning to graft

Posted by Len76 Queensland, Australi (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 19:23

Hi, New to forum and I am trying to teach myself to graft. Could someone tell me what is the earlyest and the best stage of growth to attempt grafting. At present my plants are just starting to sprout new growth. Is this too soon or should I be more patient. The temp. here is from 10 to 25c at present. Have been growing DR for 5 years and have some 200 plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Learning to graft

Welcome to the forum.
Please show us some pictures. To see how young they are.

I just did about 50 + grafts last Tuesday and waiting to get results.

Many people do many ways of graft and each way work for each of us.

If you search adenium grafting in this forum, you will find plenty of info.

Marie

o

Good luck on your grafting, Len. Keep us posted.

Wow! 50+ grafts, Marie? If anyone can have great results its you. I plan on doing some grafting when I get back home in about a week or so.

Kirk

o

Marie: what do use for the base (?) plant? Always the same kind? How old appr. should it be.
Would the new grafted DR live if it were to be grafted onto a grafted branch? Just curious.

This post was edited by otis11 on Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 19:02

o

Otis, these are my 2-3 years old from seeds. I also did one big 10 years old. I will post pictures soon.
I used most of the scions belongs from my other plants. I only pick the ones with beautiful bloom, heavy blooming, and not drooping.

I have to learn to resize the pictures before I post, because I don't have enough bandwidth, and the pictures disappear soon after.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here