Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
printmaster1

Major Score Today in Houston Texas

Kirk, I took your advice and went by JRN Nursery and they had just received a shipment of DR's. Here are the ones with name tags:
Beauty Queen
Pratumma - double pink
Parm Sab Yellow
Pink Payao
A large double red.

Thank you Kirk for the tip.

It was worth the drive from Dallas.

Lonnie

Comments (7)

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Wow....Lonnie ...you ....you bad....I want to buy some, but no more for me......LOL....

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Wow! Congrats! JRN or Natural Growers? From what I've seen in the past Natural Growers had the largest selection I had seen. If it was JRN I was just by there visiting a friend and now kicking myself for not stopping by.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Kirk, whatever you see at Natural Growers (Chaya), it is only a fraction of what he has in the back. Like I said, I am his girlfriend so he lets me go back behind his trailer and pick out the best ones back there. He doesn't let anybody goes back there. Very few and I am one of them. LOL

He has 10 of thousand back there to be choose from.

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

LOL when I visited him last year I did see the greenhouse from a distance full of some he had just received. There were two lady's there that also saw them and one took off running to look. He was laughing trying to stop her.

He was super nice and he gave me a free pudica plumeria with my purchase. If I didn't live so far from there I'd visit his nursery every month!

When Lonnie mentioned JRN I automatically thought it was the one in West Houston right off Westpark. That's where a friend of mine lives that I visited today.

Just a thought...one day we all should meet at Chaya's as a field trip adenium shopping when we know he's got a fresh stock out on display. LOL

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Kirk, it is great idea to meet there for a field trip. After we empty our pockets for him. He should take us to lunch....just to chat.

p.s. It is good thing you don't live closer.....otherwise....you will be broke each month....
    Chaya is super nice....

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

You're absolutely right, Marie. I'd be very broke if I was able to go to his nursery more often.

And if he took us to lunch after we spent all our money it had better not be McDonalds! hehe

Kirk

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Just out of curiosity, I checked google maps to find out where on earth Texas is. Well. It's only 22 hours away by car!