Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

New acquisition

kodom087 z9a
10 years ago

Been a really rough couple of weeks so i treated myself to something special. The tag says "Yellow w/Red Tripe" but I'm not seeing any yellow. That's OK. I like this flower. It is the smallest flower out of all my others.

{{gwi:349344}}.

Kirk

Comments (12)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Very nice treat. Simple but, exceptionally nice flower and the leaves are super (long tapered). Hope it helps.
    Rick

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I got a lot of catching up to do in this forum group. Lots of reading to do but will probably have to wait until the weekend.

Kirk

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

I don't see yellow but I also don't see tripe ;) It's a lovely bloom, though, and the caudex is wonderful.

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I agree with Rick on shape, color and all. Mscynthia, I agree with every thing you said! LOL I don't care what they're calling this one. I loved the flower and leaves instantly.

Kirk

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Kirk!!

Nice to see you.. Hope all is well!

You deserve a treat once in awhile... ;-)

I agree , it doesn't need a name to be beautiful....

Glad this lifted you...

Nice to see you post!!

Laura

• stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    10 years ago

Beautiful plant, glad you treated yourself.

I remember my father eating tripe at the 1964 New York world's fair (uh oh, showing my age here) and I can tell you, this flower doesn't look anything like it!

Wendy

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

I think "tripe" = stripe (not triple). :)

Nice plant!

Carol

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Laura! Saying the past four weeks were stressful is putting it lightly. But that time has gone by and I can now relax a little while having to nurse back my adeniums from the great spider mite infestation of July/August 2013. LOL

Wendy, I've never had tripe but I know what it is and see it in a local grocery store. I agree, this flower looks nothing like that luckily. I may spend a few hours this week looking at a ton of adenium blooms to try to find one close to it and just call it that. Perhaps I'll just name it something on my own.

Carol, I think it was supposed to be stripe as well. And I'm guessing someone got very tired of writing out labels for plants that day. I know I would.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Kirk, that is beautiful bloom....
    I don't have that one and am jealous.
    Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Kirk,
    I am noticing with a lot of the Adeniums and have read that a lot of yellows do not hold their color or not for long. Two of mine where supposed to be mainly yellow and it is there, but only for a short time upon beginning to open.
    Could have something to do with humidity, age? Humidity seems to be a factor with some of the colors intensity from what many growers see.
    Just a thought,
    Rick

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Marie. I had picked this one up at JRN II right off of Westpark. I finally got to check out that nursery and picked up a Kaffir Lime tree as well. I want to go back as they had some great prices on some beautiful glazed pots. Adenium prices were a bit high but I just couldn't pass this one up. I'll let you know when I have some grafts from it.

Rick, I agree about the yellow. I'm in process of getting a couple of yellows ordered but always am cautious of photos because it's sometimes hard to tell if there has been color adjusting in photoshop on a lot of them. One I am dieing to get is Gold Fish. While the yellow does fade a bit it does start off strong from pics of some reliable people I chat with that have it.

Kirk

• 11otis
    10 years ago

""Gold Fish"". That's an interesting one. I have seen a pic of it and that's as far as I got, lol..