Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

My friend's collection.

Marie Tran
9 years ago

I know the person who owns this collection. Right here in Houston, only 1 hour away from me. I was visiting him last week and took these pictures. He had many more, but because 1/3 of them died last winter. so many good ones were gone. I wish I went 2 weeks ago, when they in full bloom and more fresh than after the heavy rain. It was devastated for him, but nothing can be done.

I asked his permission to post and share but will take this post down in 2 weeks.

You want to see last year's pictures?

{{gwi:349582}}

{{gwi:349583}}

{{gwi:349584}}

{{gwi:349585}}

{{gwi:349586}}

{{gwi:349587}}

{{gwi:349588}}

{{gwi:349589}}

{{gwi:349589}}

{{gwi:349591}}

{{gwi:349591}}

{{gwi:349592}}

{{gwi:349593}}

{{gwi:349648}}

{{gwi:349649}}

{{gwi:349650}}

{{gwi:349651}}

{{gwi:349652}}

Comments (13)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Marie...

Those are simply gorgeous! He has an awesome collection...as well as you!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing these pics... Yes, I would love to see last years pictures!!!

Unbelievable!!!

It's like being at a botanical garden especially for adeniums. Wow!!!

Laura

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

That is truly an amazing collection. I am so glad you posted photos. Yes...please, I would love to see the photos from last year.

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

This is the kind of collection I can't wait to have. Well, like this one and like yours. LOL

Tell him thanks for us for allowing you to share his wonderful flowers.

Kirk

• _eee
    9 years ago

wow wee, what a beautiful collection.
    Thanks for sharing your friends collection.

• haworthia
    9 years ago

what an amazing collection. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura, thank you, but it will take me another 15 years to get my plants this big. Keep in mind my back yard only 12 feet.hehehe...

Kirk....keep on going....better you than me...LOL

Note he had so many single, (double only popular in the last 5 years)
    Look at last year pictures, he had 4 long rolls, but this year only 3 rolls.

{{gwi:349653}}

{{gwi:349654}}

{{gwi:349655}}

{{gwi:349656}}

{{gwi:349657}}

{{gwi:349658}}

{{gwi:349659}}

{{gwi:349660}}

{{gwi:349661}}

{{gwi:349662}}

{{gwi:349663}}

{{gwi:349664}}

{{gwi:349665}}

{{gwi:349666}}

{{gwi:349667}}

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Marie, those are BEAUTIFUL. I like the single flowers so much better than the doubles. Whenever I order plants I try to order mostly singles.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post more photos. His/her plants are HUGE. I cannot wait until mine are that large. Mine are finally beginning to leaf out. I will NOT Let mine go dormant again. I will be bringing all of mine indoors this winter. UGH!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Your friends plants, Marie are stunning! What an amazing site and what a
    collection that they have grown. Please send my kindest regards to your friend for allowing you to post the photo's.
    Wonderful and so nice to see.
    Rick

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

I agree with Rick.. Please thank your friend for sharing these beauties!!

Just amazing to see such a beautiful collection. You mentioned three rows versus four rows. Was this from the cold this winter? Does he cover them with frost cloth? I was wondering how he protects. I know you had mentioned that you brought some in.. Some left outside.. I'm sure it is a labor of love from both of you.. They sure are gorgeous. Please thank him for us.. Thank you too, for taking the time to share with us!!!

I can only imagine a collection like that. I think my hubby would send me away.. Lol!!! He tolerates my Plumeria collection. But is aware of any deliveries form Fed Ex. ;-). Time for " eye drops". Lol....

Thanks Again!!

Laura

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will let him know that people like us on this forum loved his plants.

Laura, he had a greenhouse with heat but still not enough for desert rose. I have another friend, she also lost 25 pots (from 5-7 years old) in the greenhouse (no heater).

Winter 2013 was the most lost for anybody. I bought the heater for this year already.

My garage holds my desert rose, my patio for COT collection. But his year, my patio will be closed-in for wind and cold weather.

Marie

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Wow!!! What an amazing collection!! Such a sight!! My jaw dropped when I saw those babies!!

Thank you Marie and your friend for showing such an amazing collection!

Mark

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Marie,

What temperature did he keep his greenhouse heated to last winter when he lost all his plants?

• laurieinphx
    9 years ago

Hi Marie:

Such beautiful adeniums you both have! I am also interested in the temperature needed in a green house. This will be our first winter for our adeniums and we are wondering if the garage will be to cold. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Laurie

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022