Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't know the name, can some one ID for me?

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 22:22

A friend of my gave me these 2 big plants 2 years ago. Early this year she gave me another baby (3 inches at the time). I found the pots at garage sale for $2, so total for 2 pots for $2. This year, they don't have any blooms yet. Last year in November, only one had a bundle of blooms. The blooms were white and each one looked like a star.

photo IMG_0405.jpg

photo IMG_0406-2.jpg

photo IMG_0404.jpg

photo IMG_5189.jpg

photo IMG_0410.jpg

photo IMG_0409.jpg

photo IMG_0407.jpg

photo IMG_0411.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't know the name, can some one ID for me?

Hi Marie,

Those plants look like Pachypodiums. The one with the flower could be P. lealii saundersii.

I think they all might be P. saundersii. They are related to Adenium and Plumeria.

Mark

o

Thank you Mark, do you think I may have yellow flower on the smaller one, or they are just the same?

Marie

o

I agree with Mark, that they are Pachypodiums. They do look like 'saudersii'.
Look like mine.
Rick

o

Hi Marie, :) I think the small one will most likely have white flowers, unless it's some sort of hybrid.

I added a chart of Pachy flowers. It might be sideways since I uploaded from my phone.

Mark

This post was edited by Maark23 on Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 0:24

o

Mark, thank you so much. I will make a note of that list.
Appreciated......

Marie

o

I shouldn't be looking at this thread. I do not need to add to my already getting out of hand adenium addiction. I've had one plumeria for the past couple of years. This past year it has grown by about 5 cuttings and about 15 seedlings.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here