Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beauty Queen

Posted by kodom087 9 Houston (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 22:44

My Beauty Queen had a couple of blooms about two weeks ago. I forgot to post about it. While it does resemble my Ploy Praky quite a bit there are some differences and I'll have to get pictures of them when the new buds currently on it get larger.

This is the first time it has bloomed for me and I haven't decided if I like it or not. I'm not particularly fond of the spotting.

Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beauty Queen

Kirk,

You must remove it from your collection immediately!
I'm sure I could dispose of it for you! LOL

I think its beautiful.
Lonnie

o

Bravo, Lonnie, always so ready to help lol

Imagine your future 501 org--Lonnie's Home for Unwanted Adeniums!

Very nice flower shape, Kirk. But you know how I feel about this particular hue. Maybe it washes off lol

o

Kirk, this one has a very large bloom. Possibly the pink color will be different on next blooming?
Rick

o

You made me have a good laugh, Lonnie! If I end up deciding to part with Beauty Queen I'll definitely let you know. I want to see another bloom cycle before I make a final decision. I am considering a double graft with the Ploy Praky and this one since they are similar but slightly different.

Pagan, I totally know how you feel.

Rick, that's what I'm thinking. The bloom in the background has that faint strip down the middle of the petals and the one up front is splotchy. I'm just hoping it is more consistent in the next round of blooms.

Kirk

o

Kirk, that is absolutely beautiful! It's like something on the front of a chocolate box. Stunning! I love it

o

Fakechuchi - Hey, anything I can do to help out a friend. LOL.

Kirk, seriously - great looking bloom and your right about the second bloom cycle.
Lonnie

o

Lonnie, do you need help to dispose of the Beauty Queen? If Kirk wants to depart....
Keep in mind I am available. LOL....

Marie.

p.s. it is pretty though.

o

Marie,

I found one today in Houston at the JRN Nursery on Breen Street.
It was a tip from Kirk to check them out. My wife and I visited today and they had just gotten in a new shipment. Sorry for the poor quality, my cell phone doesn't take high quality pics.
Lonnie

o

Lonnie, I know if you visit the nursery here, you will empty your pocket for them
Did you go to Chaya? He just down the street from JRN and the price is so much better.

Marie

o

Nice haul! Congrats. I can't wait to see pics of your Beauty Queen for comparison.

Glad you didn't leave Houston empty handed. I foresee many more visits in your future. *evil laugh*

Kirk

o

Kirk, I think the flower is beautiful!

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here