Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DR Stable in Bonsai Pot??????

Posted by Adeniumlover none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 22:46

Need help....
How can I make my DR stable in a 2'' pot? Do i need to tie it to the pot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DR Stable in Bonsai Pot??????

I've got a couple in 3in pots which I have lined with pea gravel and they are fine. Someone will come along and let you know ref the depth of your pot. I've never tried them as shallow as yours, so I will be interested as well
Kind regards
Averil (UK)

o

I do not know much about Bonsai, but if you could give a bit more info, size of Adenium you are speaking of?
This might help those with knowledge give you an idea.
Rick

o

My pot is 3" deep but i put 1" gravel so i left with 2" for the DR, my DR is not that big about 12" height and 9" round trunk do you think i i can just fill up soil and keep my plant stable????

o

I am assuming then that your plant has a 3" diameter caudex (Girth at base).
Whichever pot you use would have to have atleast 1/2" or more space from caudex to edge of pot 360degrees around.
If using Al's gritty mix (somewhat similar to many Bonsai mix's), you probably would not need to have gravel in bottom 1". Maybe a screen to stop mix from coming out hole on bottom.
I would think that if your pot is a glazed pot with some weight to it that it should stay vertical and not tip over. If using a light weight pot, different story. If placing plant on an angle, then this would be something to consider also.
You can fill up pot around roots with free draining mix. Plant can be raised a bit above original soil level ( will see caudex creamy yellow in color where soil covered).
Keep out of direct, hot sun for a few days so that newly exposed caudex does not burn.
You should show us a photo when your repot is done.
Hope some of this helps.
Rick

o

here is my first time DR bonsai they look ok and very stable thank you for all your help
Victor - Philadelphia PA

o

Adenium lover, those look really great in those pots. Nice job

o

Adeniumlover, you did a wonderful job....so pretty.
I love them in their beautiful pots.

Marie

o

Thank you Marie
Lucky me, I paid only 3.00 dollars for each pot at a Bonsai Store that about to close their business.

o

Wow! These look great and I totally love the pots. Great job!

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here