Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wish me luck grafted adenium

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 22:59

Last Sunday I walked around my plants looking for branches to use for scions. Here they are from before and after. Wish me luck....Houston had so much rain this week, so I took them inside by the window right now. Trying to stay away from moisture air. (These from seeds grow, for rootstock) 47 scions in total. I only hope to get 1/2 of that to take, since so much rain everyday.

photo IMG_0530.jpg

photo IMG_0531.jpg

photo IMG_0533.jpg

photo IMG_0537.jpg

photo IMG_0542.jpg

photo IMG_0543.jpg

photo IMG_0544.jpg

photo IMG_0545.jpg

This post was edited by ltran54 on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 11:46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wish me luck grafted adenium

How exciting. I do hope our grafts take for you. Did you use a named variety as your scion wood? I have quite a few seedlings and am looking forward doing more grafts.

I had good success with them taking BUT...then this spring quite a few of them rotted. I will try again but do you know how to prevent that from happening?

o

Ladylotus, thank you. Yes, I pick the ones with heavy bloom to use for scion wood. With name/color too.

I did great job last year, but the winter took most of them away. I wish I know how to prevent them from rot....

I still have many more big seedlings, but not ready for graft this year.

Marie

o

Good luck with the grafts, Marie.
Please keep us posted on their progress.

Lonnie

o

I am reporting the result on my grafting. I did total of 47 scions, after 2 weeks 44 took. I removed the plastics and couple more dry up. So only 42 now spout. Some are faster then other.

Joe, am I good enough to help you with your grafting? Free of labor....hehehe.

photo IMG_1861.jpg photo IMG_1860.jpg

photo IMG_1859.jpg

photo IMG_1858.jpg

photo IMG_1857.jpg

o

Congrats!
Where do you get the small plastic bags.

Lonnie

o

Lonnie, I got them from VN. A friend brought them all the way from Viet Nam just for me to use on grafting.

I sent you PM

Marie

o

• Posted by rcharles Canada, West Coast 7 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 12:31

Lonnie,
I got mine at Michael's (the craft store). They are sold for storing beads in and they come in many different sizes. I cut the ziplock part off and use.
Rick

o

Excellent! Glad to see that you had such success.

Mark

o

You sure are a pro when come to grafting , I need to take a lesson from you hehe.......
Jan

o

Glad most of them took! Your plants always look great. :)

Laurie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here