Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Healed rotted caudex

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 8:51

I'd posted about 2 adeniums that had been growing together that I wanted to separate. Once I got them apart I saw that a significant portion of one of the caudexes was rotted. I cut away the rotted portion, dusted with a fungicide and allowed to dry before repotting. Surprisingly it healed up just fine and is growing well. This is a fairly large caudex, almost 8" in diameter and the rotted portion was at least 3" so don't give up if you find rot. This is what the healed caudex looks like.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Healed rotted caudex

WOW! Great job saving that one, I had no idea they could recover from a large section of rot. Thanks for posting that, very educational.

o

Wow...good ending.....

o

Yup!
Very inspiring. Glad to know it's possible to bounce back after this degree of damage :) Thanks for sharing!

Antoinette

o

I've had small areas of rot cut away and the plants have done fine but I was really surprised that this one recovered. The hole goes several inches up into the caudex which can't be seen in a pic. Cutting out all the rot and allowing it to dry well before potting I think is what made the biggest difference. Not sure if the fungicide is absolutely necessary but I have it so I use it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here