Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nice surprise!!!!

Posted by roma0904 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 10:29

Hello

Last March I went to a local nursery, I foud some adeniums but all singles and pinks and there was one white (had 4, 5 flowers it was completely white) in the middle of them, it caught my attention as I didn't have any whites at the time, but I said, I promised to my self inwont buy any kore singles, as I was leaving I noticed the base of the plant was rotten so I ask the guy that it was all rotten so I got it for 5 dlls, it took a while to heal but finally I saved it

Since I got it never bloom again till now and got this, their not the same color, not complaining I love what I got

The question is, do blooms change that much in the same plant? Or it was just the bad care it received? Wrong soil, lack of nutrients Too much water?

Roberto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nice surprise!!!!

Can't answer you question,
but it's a lovely bloom,
I always love those that give me the "apple blossom feeling" ...

Britta

o

The pink makes white so lovely.

Marie

o

Roberto, single flowered adeniums are my ABSOLUTE favorite! I think your bloom is lovely.

I have noticed in my plants that the blooms seem to change as the plant ages. Also, I noticed that depending on the weather (cold, warm or hot) and the amount of rain we receive and the nutrients in the soil do make a difference in the color, size and number of flowers I receive.

However, please know these are just my humble observations.

o

It is beautiful and quite pristine on it's own. Good size bloom also.
I have found this year and I do not know why, but a few blooms have changed from first bloom to subsequent ones.
I post a thread called Dbl. Yellow Lemon - interesting change.
I am looking at it right now :). and one branch has a bloom same as last year and the other with two other, more yellow blooms as in photo and a looser bloom.
Jury is out on mine for now.
Rick

o

Hi,
Colour and size of bloom can change a lot depending on light levels, and probably other factors too. I have a plant that blooms cherry red in strong sunlight June/July and fades to almost pure white by late November.
Brian UK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here