Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grafting from Rinoa DR

Posted by ixorapink (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 12:21

Hi everyone, I cut a few of the branch from the plant that Rinoa just
send last week then graft to my 4 years seedling, hope it will take, I have not hold off any water from either plants before grafting. Would you let me know why do we have to hold off the water before grafting. Thanks so much.

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grafting from Rinoa DR

Jan, those grafted scions look good. I hope they all take for you.
I guess hold off water makes the plant hunger of water and take on the scions better....

Marie

o

Jan,
I hope they all take for you!

Lonnie

o

Marie & Lonnie, so sad only one take , I will try again . I think i pressure the cutting too much.

Jan

o

Jan,

I hate that, but according to Marie, it takes a while to get grafts to take in the high 90% success rate.

Keep us posted on your next attempt.
I'm going to give it a try this week too.

Lonnie

o

Hi I hope water don't hurt new grafts to much I just made 20 new grafts 11on my 10 year old plant and it's raining in west Texas. Roger

o

Hi I hope water don't hurt new grafts to much I just made 20 new grafts 11on my 10 year old plant and it's raining in west Texas. Roger

o

Roger,

Are the grafts exposed to the rain?

Lonnie

o

Katie, even though the grafts don't exposed the the rain, but the moisture air doesn't help the scions.

I bought my plants inside for 2-3 days until the rain pass by.

Marie

o

I think the graft itself did not get wet and this is west Texas it only rained for about 2 hrs we only get a few in. A year and we need a lot more rain. Most of the time I do grafting when everything is in greenhouse but I got in a hurry . if it don't take will do again later

o

Hi. Marie I can't bring in all my plants have to many 100 or so adeniums my wife said I'm a nut but if I didn't have plants I would have to go back to work. Roger

o

Roger,

I hear ya!
I already have 50++ plumeria, 25 tropical hibiscus, and now adeniums. I'm not sure how I'll fit everything into our spare bedroom this year.

Lonnie

o

We'll Lonnie you know plumeria grow I started out with small plants and now some 10 years later I have 13 ft. Tall trees I'm getting to old to move to greenhouse adenium are easer to move. I have 2or 3 that need a new home

o

How funny to read this post. I just came in from out in my greenhouse and I am beginning the cleaning and organizing process in there so that I can begin moving everything in my greenhouse as soon as the temperatures drop.

I began carrying in my epiphyllums and began hanging them. I don't know where the heck I am going to put all my plants. Everything is getting so big and taking up so much room. I may have to reduce the 100+ epis I have. My husband is going to throw fits when he realizes I will have to bring a lot of my plants in the house for the winter as I know I won't have room for everything in my greenhouse. oi oi oi.

I'm really nervous about the order I just received from Rinoa as they have not leafed out yet. I would like for them to at least put on leaves before they go into winter.

I was going to do more grafting but I'm not sure I will have the room to do this until spring. Good luck to those of you that are doing grafts.

o

I try grafting again today using scotch tape , hope they will take.

Jan

o

I plan to try grafting this weekend too.

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here