Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 13:15

8/05 potted 24 DR from Rinoa,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potted Rinoa & Chris DR

7/15 potted Chris DR

o

8/05 potted Chris DR, Can't wait for them to flower.

o

Holy catz Jan....you jump in with both feet when ordering Adeniums. LMBFBO. I have been ordering for the last several years in small increments so that I don't have the problem Lonnie has. ha ha. (Just teasing you Lonnie...I have the same issues the rest of you addicts do.) I'm probably just wasting time ordering such small numbers of plants at a time.

Enjoy your plants. They sure look beautiful. Boy Chris Durham sure sends large plants. I've gone to his site but don't see a listing of plants. Did you asking him via email for a list of plants he has for sale?

I am patiently....ok impatiently awaiting the mail man for my Rinoa order. Will post photos upon receipt.

o

Jan, how high is your fence? Do you have guard dog?

I have to do some climbing if I am in desperate situation. hahaha.....

They look very very nice......

I am very jealous.

Marie

o

Wow! Nice orders! I'm jealous!

Kirk

o

ladylotus, I am sure are crazy additive to DR. , Lonnie & I live within each other 30 minutes, small world hehe...., last winter a lot of my DR died, therefore I have to start over lol

Do you have face book, Chris face book page have a catalog for DR. -- just message him through face book or email to order, cost $20 each plant + shipping, 14 DR I bought shipping was $17, have fun shopping haha....

https://www.facebook.com/durhamsbotanicals

durhambotanicals@earthlink.net

Jan

o

Marie, very funny lol, I am should be jealous at you, with all the beautiful DR that you have & you also your boyfriend that sell DR, you sure can have any DR that you want haha..... I only have 2 small dog you are welcome to climb over the fence Marie lol...

Thanks Kirk - I am slowly building up my DR collection lol...

Jan

o

Hey Jan,
They all look fantastic in their new home. Cannot wait to see all of your blooms. Made me want to put in another order with Rinoa when I saw yours, but I have to hold back the reins. Atleast until next spring.
I would have loved to order plants from Chris, but with me here in Canada the Phyto. Cert. is 75. + min. Order of $200. This is not Chris's fault in anyway granted, just circumstance.
Hope to see some photo's.
Maybe you will have a boyfriend, just like Marie :) ha!
Rick

o

Jan, you said you're slowly building up the DR collection?
Wow.....slowly? hehahe

Buying is easy, caring for them in the winter is hard.

Marie

o

Hey Ladylotus, I resemble that remark, LOL!

I guess Jan & I just can't resist! I did email Rinoa and get her catalog, and I'm thinking about driving back down to Houston (4.5 hours) in the next two weeks to see what Marie's boy friend might have that I missed the first trip!!

I'm not sure where I'll put all the plumeria, tropical hibiscus and DR's this winter. I'm not sure they'll all fit in a share bedroom!

Lonnie

o

Lonnie, I have a friend who also has so many DR and plumeria...she continues to buy. When I asked her, "where are you going to put all of them in the winter?"
You know what she said? "This is summer, I am not worry until winter comes."

Marie

o

So sorry Rick that you can't get plants from Chris, maybe I'll ask Chris to be my boyfriend lol.

Marie - I mean to buildup my plants slowly(fast) lol, I know what you mean by when winter come, I was wonder you put all your plants in pretty pot they are very heavy to carry in, did your spouse help you brought them in the garage,. I saw a video on YT, this lady she grow many big DR, she dug all the plants up then store inside.

Lonnie - yeah! now I don't feel bad , too bad I can't go visit Marie boyfriend, my hubby will never take me hehe . We all just can't resist buying DR, never enough for us, unlike other flower the DR will always come out with pretty different color each year, I am also additive to baking too, between the DR & my baking tools I think I will be broke soon or my hubby will be divorcing me lol........

Jan

o

I know this is not a baking forum! I've just bake these would like to invite everyone for a piece of baguette hahehe.....

Jan

o

Jan,

Thank you for the facebook link to Chris's Adeniums. I hope I can't find anything I like there until Spring. LMBFBO.

Also, I have some good news for your Jan...Adeniums increase in value. Therefore, you are good with the hubby. The bigger they are, the nicer the caudex and if healthy, just think of the amount you would get on Ebay for them.

Lonnie...how awesome you are thinking about going back on vacation and only traveling 4.5 miles away. It cannot get much better than that. Have fun. I hope they have plenty left for you.

o

Jan & Ladylotus,

I'm very lucky in that my wife (33 yrs) has a lot of patience with my different plant addictions. But, I could have a lot worse addictions and it keeps me at home instead of roaming the streets! My only other addiction is playing golf and we both do that.
Jan -- a little bread, cheese & wine!!

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here