Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I finally got my hands on one!

Posted by keylimepirate 9b Orlando (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 14:15

I potted her up all nice and pretty in her new home and . . .

. . . ooo, she got the booty!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I finally got my hands on one!

Looks great! Also looks like some bloom buds in the first picture? Congrats.

Kirk

o

Congratulations.....your first and won't be your last....
Nice looking plant.

This post was edited by ltran54 on Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 14:49

o

@Kirk Thanks! There are a couple of buds or so up there, yes. I'm excited. c:

@Itran54 Thank you. And, you're right! I'm already hoarding everything else.

o

Wow very nice and I was in Orlando 2 days ago and I missed it??? Check your Home Depots right now. Mine are loaded up here in Jax with lots of nice plants. Good luck post photos of flowers, Paula

o

Keylime...

Woo hooo. Congratulations on your first adenium. Your comment made me think of the song 'Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round'. I feel like I am the bad gal on the forum. he he....I'm happy for you. PLEASE post when you get flowers.

o

Keylime,
Nice plant and as Marie states, I am sure it won't your only or last one.
I am not an expert, but I would check the plant for mites.
The upper leaves look in the photo to be a bit mottled?
Hope you do not mind me mentioning.

Rick

o

@Paula D'oh! Haha. I actually made a trip to my local Home Depot a couple of days ago and scored a gorgeous pair of Crown of Thorns; unfortunately, their Desert Roses weren't very impressive. Thanks for the tip, though--I tend to hop and skip around garden centers and nurseries, so I'm sure I'll score some more pretties. Happy hunting in Jax!

@ladylotus Thanks! Ha! That song's hilarious. I was thinking of Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" when I wrote it. xD

I'll definitely post pictures of the blooms!

@Rick Thank you! I don't mind at all. I'm no expert, either, so every tip helps. I didn't notice anything unusual when I was bathing and potting her up, but I'll keep an eye or two on her.

o

Keylimepirate,

Just to get things moving along faster, I have two things to share in celebration of your first Adenium:

I got all of my adult adeniums from Adenium Rose Co., there is also a seller known as Rinoa. The best sellers are those that will tell you if you're buying a proven plant (i.e. it blooms as advertised) or not. Also, it's only a matter of time before you wonder about seeds so I might as well tell you now---most of us get ours from Adenium_Ko on Ebay.

Okay, my job as enabler is done here lol

Welcome to our parlor!

Pagan

o

Hi, Pagan!

Great advice! I really appreciate it. I guess it's official, now--this is the start of yet another love affair. GEE THANKS.

Haha, but really: Thank you.

o

It all starts with just one plant . . . Might as well clear some space now ;)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the blooms.

Cynthia

o

:D

o

Impressive bloom. Very pretty and more to come. Paula

o

Wow... that is beautiful bloom....very pretty....
Marie

o

:D
What a beautiful bloom. You must be elated to see it.
Wonderful,
Rick

o

Nice flower! Yes, I agree. It starts with one. Last year I only had the one which I've owned for a few years. Had one prior for several years but it got stolen or lost or something. Last summer I found out there were numerous varieties and hybrids. I currently have about 13 or so named hybrids with more on the way. I won't tell you how many seedlings I now have going on. Good luck with your new addiction! LOL

Kirk

o

Keylimepirate,

You got very nice plant! Congrats! And you got it at HD?!
I got hooked on DRs with just regular single pink, with such a great flower you are in danger! ;)
I came to conclusion that Costa farms hates it's hometown; newer seen double here in Miami! Just small singles!
Got first doubles from adenium rose last week!

Aggie

o

@Paula Thanks! I'm excited.

@Marie Thank you.

@Rick I am! Very much so. I couldn't be more surprised and pleased with it.

@Kirk Wow! xD That sucks that you had one stolen/lost, but at least the collecting obsession took hold haha. Oh, and thanks--I'll suffer through it. :B

@Aggie Thank you! I actually found this one at Lowes. My Nana picked one up, too, and when we asked a lady who worked there what they were (as they were unlabelled and looking very sad in a corner), she just shrugged and said, "Pink." We thought that they were going to be what usually sits the shelves, but no! So exciting.

Anyway, congrats on your doubles! Hoard on! xD

P.S. @All, I guess I should start signing these things lol.

Kristi

o

Hi Kristi!!

You sure do have a beauty !!

Congratulation on finding your "first... ". Whhooaaaahahnhhhh. It wont be your last!! ;-)

Have a wonderful night!!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here