Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Galaxy Diamond Desert Rose

Marie Tran
9 years ago

I got this plant from Rinoa last year and today first bud opens....I hope to see more.

{{gwi:351244}}

{{gwi:351245}}

{{gwi:351246}}

{{gwi:351247}}

My Kanjana Yellow got 3 buds open so far and one more soon to open. These 2 pictures were taken on Aug. 10

{{gwi:351248}}

{{gwi:351248}}

Comments (21)

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Marie!!! your collection is unbelievable!!!!!!! WOW.. amazing colors and size! thanks for sharing

Chuy

• dogg1967
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I always enjoy looking at your wonderful plants and blooms Marie... gives me inspiration for my own aspirations of growing Adeniums.

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Beautiful blooms Marie. What a wonderful collection you have. I too love seeing your photos.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

So nice, Marie. That Kanjana Yellow is very pure. Does the color hold for you quite a few days or does it fade?
    Rick

• jayeff71
    9 years ago

Marie what can I say but exquisite blooms I like them both but have preference for the yellow I have the same one
    Regards john (Thailand)

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Marie,

This bloom is very pretty and all your pics are very inspirational.

Lonnie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, thank you all for super nice comments.

The bloom looks exactly like the picture in the catalog only it is little smaller. Because the branch is very young, within 3-4 inches. I hope to see bigger bloom when the branches get older.

Marie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

2 more buds open and few more coming.
    Also Diamond Ring has one bud opens today.

{{gwi:351249}}

{{gwi:351250}}

• sam401
    9 years ago

You have beautiful plants! I am in love with the galaxy diamond, its spectacular!
    Sam.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Sam. I have 2 diamonds, but they are not on my fingers...they are in pots......pink diamond and a red diamond.....

he he he...

Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Those are beautiful, Marie. The Diamond Galaxy is quite stunning with it's
    pointed petals.
    That Diamond Ring is one I have seen on Kwarunee's list and have often thought of getting it. I am more inclined now after seeing yours. I love the bloom, but the leaves are something else. This is a Swazicum, I believe or "x" of sorts.
    Rick

• ixorapink
    9 years ago

beautiful collection Marie, I do love the Kanjana Yellow

jan

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Marie,

I love the Galaxy Diamond. Your pic of Diamond Ring looks so much better than any I've seen advertised.

Congrats on these great looking blooms!
    Lonnie

• averil
    9 years ago

They are all gorgeous Marie! I really love that galaxy diamond. It's very unusual looking. Beautiful! And you always have such lovely pots. Marie I'm jealous as hell!!! Lol

• cara
    9 years ago

Wow, they are soooooo pretty. I just love seeing folks beautiful collections. Love all kinds of desert rose but unfortunately don't have room to grow for now, so I just admire everyone here's plant& blooms.

Thank you all for sharing.
    Cara

• kuroc
    9 years ago

I love diamond ring.

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Wow! I must try to get this one next year! Beautiful.

• cona59
    9 years ago

Very beautiful. I'm just into DR now. I love to know where you get your
    DR. And how to take care in the winter. Thanks
    Kim

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you every one.....this is slow season now...each of us is holding back the summer weather and not wanting to face the winter ahead of us.

Cona, I got my DR all over, most of them in Houston, but some from Thailand, Tawain, and Florida.

Winter, I brought them in my garage I kept light on. I will try something different this year. I had friends who uproots all their DR, wash off the dirt and take off all leaves, stack plants on shelves. I will ask her permission to post some pictures for you to see.
    Marie

• cona59
    9 years ago

Thanks for your info. I would like to buy DR from them if you can help. The DR I got they young and small. Some they send to me 2 weeks ago root got rot. Pls help. Email me. Thanks
    Kim

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cona, if you can wait until next year, (maybe April) I will give plenty of info for buying DR.

Oregon is cold state, your growing season is shorter and it takes your plants longer time to mature.

Marie