RE: Seed Pod

Here's another.

o

And another.

o

Lonnie,

That is awesome! Did you hand pollinate them or did the insects pollinate?

How fun to have your own seeds to plant up.

o

Lonnie, that is so great! I tried to hand pollinate but did not have success. Has the adenium in the first picture produced seeds for you before? Just wondering if they will produce flowers like that..unless it is grafted? Good luck!

Laurie

o

I didn't hand pollenate these, it's all natural.
They were purchased from Lowes or HD a few years ago.
I have one that looks like Super Concubine, a pink, red, and a yellow/red that just barely opens that have seed pods. I doubt that I'll plant these, so I'll have seeds in the near future. Once they mature I'll offer the seeds to new members.

Lonnie

o

Ahh, Lonnie! If you are offering seeds to new members, I'd really love to be on that list! I've been trying to find someone here that would be willing to help me get started on my first adenium seedlings but haven't had any luck. I've always been "too late to the party" and I'm having trouble ordering seeds from overseas since I don't seem to be getting emails back from the sellers!

Kara

o

Kara,

Your first on the list!!!!
Lonnie

o

Ahh, thank you so much!!

I'm new to GardenWeb so I'm not really sure what to do next! Should I send you an email? How does this work?

This post was edited by Karatts on Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 14:28

o

Lonnie, I also have 4 seeds pot on one plant, I don't know if I'll plant them.

Jan

o

Kara,

Once the pods mature, I'll PM you with my address and have you send me a SASE. I'll send you several seeds from the different plants. All are single flowers and no guarantee to colors. I do have doubles and triples, but they are not setting close to these, so I would guess they will all be single blooms.

Lonnie

o

Hi Lonnie and Jan:

If you all don't have any other takers on some seeds I wouldn't mind taking a few off of your hands. :) Let me know...

Laurie

o

Laurie,

I'll pm you when they're ready.

Lonnie

o

I'll let you when the seeds are ready Laurie.

Jan

o

Ahh, sounds good! Thank you so much (:

o

Thank you!

o

Jan,

Where did you get those pots & are you using gritty mix?

Lonnie

o

Lonnie, I use 60% Lanscaping mix ( pine bark + sand) + 20% perlite + 20 turface, bought from John Deer company, for the pot I bought from https://www.hummert.com/product-details/7353/villa-low-bowls , they are light but very durable in the sun.

Jan

o

Lonnie just found these pots on wayfair.com

http://www.wayfair.com/Myers-Akro-Mills-Villa-Low-Bowls-VIB-BGE1072.html

jan

o

Thank you Jan.

Lonnie

o

Your plants are amazing the roots are phenemonal and those seed pods i hear have like 150 seeds each so if your sharing anybody id like some please :-)

o

Austin --- noted.

Lonnie

o

once a pod has reached mature length (stopped growing) how long do you guys notice before they crack open?

o

Here is an updated pic of one seedpod.

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here