Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ake-mongkol In Bloom

Posted by ladylotus Z3/4 ND (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 22:29

My Ake-Mongkol had this beautiful bloom on it this morning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ake-mongkol In Bloom

Nice bloom. Wonderful suprise. Anxiously waiting for others to perform, I would imagine.
Rick

o

Rick, thank you so much for the nice comments. Yes, mine are just setting buds and I should have some really wonderful bloom all fall.

I have about 50 named varieties that should start blooming and quite a few of my own seedlings. Sadly, I feel this TERRIBLE urge to buy more. UGH! I would really like some of the true species. I'm hoping I can curb my obsession until next spring.

How are all your plants doing? Is your bloom starting to wind down now?

o

Tell me about the urge to buy more. Nuts I say, just nuts, but I like nuts.
I was just thinking of getting more from Rinoa after everyone just getting some. I got some earlier in the year and I will wait. I find if I get them in Mar./Apr. they get a better start for me.
I am enjoying my different specie forms and it is nice to have some of them also.
My Swazicum seedlings have such interesting looking leaves.
The Seed grown plants have quite a different look than the grafted ones we buy. Branching can be lower and multi-branched. Grafted plants never look the same.
I have a few more ready to bloom and have high hopes for many of my seedlings to still bloom. Weather here has been very hot for most of July and Aug so far. Only a few days of rain.
You are in a better position to order species forms within the U.S. as opposed to growing from seed.
I got some seed grown plants from Rinoa in the spring along with the grafted ones.
Looking forward to seeing your plants bloom for you.
I miss Laura posting.
Rick

o

Rick, I miss Laura posting too.

Also, thank you for letting me know that I am not alone...I cannot understand why I cannot be happy with all the plants I have. I must be related to the cow or horse... always looking for greener pastures on the other side of the fence.

Today I cleaned out my entire greenhouse. I removed all the plants except a few that grow up and weave around the rafters. I sprayed for the pests that bother my plants and in a few days I will replace all my plants and begin to make room for all my pots that need a winter residence.
Ah heck...place one last order with Rinoa. The winter duldrums will set in and we will all regret not placing that last order.

Have a wonderful weekend...what is left of it.
Tj

o

Ladylotus, do you need any help to clean your GH? I am good at cleaning. I will find better spot for your plants.....My house? haha

Rich, I am with you....I would like to buy in Mar/April to get a better start of the growing year.

Marie

o

Ha ha ha...Marie, if you come out I might hold you captive and have your help me get some gardening work done. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here