Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adenium seeds from Thailand to NY phytosanitary certificate

Posted by slofwnd NY (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 22:31

Planning to order Adenium seeds on Ebay. I tried US sellers twice, nothing germinated, seeds were dried.
I found information here about good suppliers from Thailand (Adeniumcenter and Adenium_KO). Now I am wondering does New York State require Phytosanitary Certificate to import Adenium seeds in small quanitites? I am planning to order 20 just for myself, so extra 5 dollars that Adeniumceter requires for phytoceertifiicate is more than price of seeds themselves, that's why I'm wondering do I even need it or no.
PS. don't order from seller named therealflorida101 on ebay, their seeds are old and don't germinate :)
Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adenium seeds from Thailand to NY phytosanitary certificate

• Posted by rcharles Canada, West Coast 7 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 0:58

Slofwnd,
I am not sure about NY, but most of the States do not require permit.
I am suprised to see the extra charge for Phyto. Adeniumcenter did not have a fee before for Phyto?
Adenium_ko from Taiwan and Rinoa ship with. Phyto Cert. and it is included in the price of seeds. All seem to have different amounts per package though.
Friends of mine from Florida and Oregon order seeds with no issues.
Maybe someone from NY can give you a answer.
Rick

o
RE: Adenium seeds from Thailand to NY phytosanitary certificate

Thank you, rcharles.
By the way, Adeniumcenter adds Phyto for free if order is over $50 and 5 dollars charge if below :)
Looking forward to get my pretty pink tripe flower seeds, on the other hand knowing Adenium habits of inheriting all kinds of random color genes and my nonexistent luck I will probably get everything but pink :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here