Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Seedling photo

ladylotus
10 years ago

I am hoping I can attach a photo. I did not upload to Imgur but someone told me that I can attach one photo at a time from my computer. I will give it a go and hope that some of my seedlings in this photo appear.

Comments (17)

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Awesome that worked. For now I will upload my photos one at a time until I have some time to open an account with Imgur.

I'm curious if any of you know what is up with this seedling with the green stem and the little white knobs on it? I will have to watch this one to see what on earth it is doing.

Now that I know photos will work, I will get some photos of my plants I grafted on my seedlings and a couple others sometime this week.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Ladylotus,
    This just some of your seedlings? You are going to be very busy when transplanting time comes. Good on you.
    Not sure what the one with white bit on top would be, unless the terminal growth point was damaged somehow. Either way, it will be interesting to see what develops.
    Rick

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Very nice collection you have there. When is it a good time to plant individually?? :)

Chuy

• averil
    10 years ago

That's a forest you have there! Will be interested to hear whats going on with the little fella with the bumps
    Regards
    Averil UK

• johnsonm08
    10 years ago

Is it just some perilite it picked up on the way out of the mix?
    I tried to zoom in but can't quite see it clearly.
    Mike

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your nice comments. I have some 3 and 4 year old seedlings that have buds on them I sure hope they bloom for me. I started 100 seeds each year (3 & 4 years ago) and kept 14 or 15 each year and gave the rest away to girl scouts.

These little guys are 3 months old and I've already transplanted one tray and have 4 more to go. So Chuy, they probably need to be transplanted soon.

No, it is not perlite it is a hard skin like bulge. In fact it has 3 of them on it. I was hoping I would see some tiny leaves growing from these nodules but alas, I see nothing and it is slow to grow. I will keep it and see what happens.

I was hoping to get some really exciting oddball seedlings with all these seeds but nothing really too dramatic thus far. In fact, with all the adenium seeds I've started you would think I would even get a albino but I did not.

I would love to see how everyone elses seeds are progressing.

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

I love Averil's description of "a forest." Picturing a forest of 20 foot Adeniums in full bloom. :)

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mscynthia,

I agree it would be a lovely sight. I'm afraid I am going to have a very upset husband when I try to bring all these adenium into the house this winter. UGH!!!!! It will be interesting for sure.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Lady,

Those are beautiful... You will be busy!!!

As far as your hubby, Join the club!! LOL!! He just rolls the eyes... I offer "eye drops..." LMAO!!!

Have fun!!

Laura

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Laura,
    I laughed. " I offer eye drops" that's a good one. I will remember it.
    And Lady, I always say that I could have a worst habit or addiction.
    Good one I think.
    Rick

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura, that is funny. My hubby really has learned to put up with all my plants and my acres of gardens. But he does draw the line with indoor house plants. So it may be an interesting battle.

Rick, you are right...we could have a worse hobby. I know that I have a plant problem. Heck this summer I started collecting epiphyllums, does anyone grow them. They are so wonderful and I have about 30+ started. I want more so badly but need to curb my addiction as I won't have room after potting up all my adeniums and bring in my conifer understock so that I can graft all winter. UGH!!! I hope I do not find another plant that I have to collect.

It sure is fun to see all my plants. I want to start hybridizing with adeniums and epiphyllums next spring.

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a better photo of that odd seedling.

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is one of my Arabicum Dwarf Black Knight seedlings.

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the same seedling with the weird growth as of today. It is really growing slowly and the weird growth is still there and getting bigger but the leaves do not seem to be growing on that growth.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Lady!!!

They are all so impressive ... I here you as far as having other obsessions.... Mine is Plumeria and they are much larger then Adeniums.. LOL!!!

Good luck with bringing them in this year.. If it makes you feel better, I have to bring in all of my Plumeria. ( more than 100). No wonder my hubby has " A Major Eye Allergy". LOL... That's what I call it.. Some of us have said they need " eye drops.." I started that along time ago, because of his constant eye rolling... ;-). I call it " Eye Allergies..." ;-).

I also remind him about having other obsessions.. It could be shoes, purses.. nah.. I like plants. He should be happy!! LOL. I think I will head to the drugstore and bump up my supply of drops for him.. I am concerned.. ;-)

Thanks for the chuckles... Rick.. Lots of bottles all around the house works well.. Lol!!!

Good night all...

Take care,

Laura

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Wow. That's a lot of seedlings. And adenium forest!

Kirk

• stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    10 years ago

I love to hear about other people's plant obsessions. For me it's been Clivia. Lots and lots of Clivia. This past year or so I've developed new obsessions for Adenium, Pachypodium, and Euphorbia (with a few other succulents and cacti creeping in). Then add in the outside acres with my unusual trees and shrubs, woodland garden, espalier pears. It never ends - yeah, I get the eye roll, too. Never thought of eye drops, ;)

Hate to think of what I've spent on plants over my lifetime. I think it's genetic, my parents were the same way. My husband should have know what he was getting in to.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville