Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grafting success!

Posted by laurieinphx none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 22:45

Hello Adenium loving friends:

I want to send a big thank you to Marie for answering my question about grafting.

I am very excited - my first attempt at grafting was a success. :) After only 10 days you can already see signs of new growth!

Laurie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grafting success!

Congrats Laurie and thanks to Marie too. In the past I used to do the "V" grafting even though it takes a longer time to see the results. Of late after reading Marie's coment, I couldn't wait, immediatly I tried out some flat grafting on my young rootstocks(5 mths old) I know they are still very young, I was amazed on the result, after ten days I could see the healthy bondings. They are still under shed and I am waiting for the new shoots to appear before I move them out for some sun lights.

o

Congrats!!!

Lonnie

o

Wow, that's a quick result, nice one!

Gill UK

o

Thanks everyone. I did not expect them to show signs of growth that quick, I was just hoping the graft would take!
Good luck with yours Koi3300! :)

o

Laurie, congrats.....happy happy for you.

I will post my grafts soon.

Marie

o

Congrats!!! That's exciting!

o

Laurie your graft look good.
Jan

o

Glad to share the result of my first flat graftings. Marie was right it is not so difficult with flat grafting after all and the result was amazing. Thanks Marie.

o

Here is another dr with flat grafting to share.

o

Congrats on the grafting success.

Lonnie

o

Congratulations, Laurie and Koi! I was going to try grafting this summer. Hopefully before October I can do this. In the meantime I am keen to see how yours turn out. Thanks!

Pagan

o

Koi, wow....congrats....on your grafting success....

Happy feeling ......

Marie

o

Thanks Lonnie, Pagan and Marie for your nice words.It sure was a nice feeling and great satisfaction to be able to see it grow from seeds, sucessfully grafting it and see it blooms.

o

I have attempted my first graft Sunday. Hopefully, they will take. I'm using Marie's method with scotch tape and baggie.

Lonnie

o

Thanks again everyone! Good luck with yours Pagan and Lonnie. Here is an updated picture to my graft...one month later.

Laurie

o

Laurie,

Congrats!!

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here