Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayeff71

Adenium Caudex Pictures.

jayeff71
10 years ago

A selection of my Adeniums 3 months after pruning now waiting patiently for the flowers.
Please note they look very wet due to heavy rainstorm as they live outside all year.

Comments (12)

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Adenium about 3 year.

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Caudex close up pic

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Caudex approx. 2 year old

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Those look nice! A nice collection.

Kirk

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another 2 year old grown from seed

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Jayeff, thank you so much for posting the ages of your plants. That gives me a useful benchmark. They're so lush!

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Very nice plants....rain water is very good for your plants.
    What zone are you in? Because the plants grow different rate according to the zone also.
    Marie

• sj681
    10 years ago

Your plants look.lovely what Do you use in the soil u plant them in

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marie, I live in Thailand so I am lucky we have a constant all year round temperature never drops much lower than 30c which is ideal for these succulents.

sj681, I use a soil that is more like a forest compost that has a lot of different waste matter ie-: leaves, twigs ect it keeps the soil aerated and stops the soil from getting to stodgy, I also use dried cow manure ( an old thai lady told me this in NE Thailand but she used buffalo manure but I do not have access to that in the south.

I also use sparingly a commercial fertilizer (see pic)
    PS all these things work for me but others may have different views. GOOD LUCK

• jayeff71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Commercial Fertilizer 08-24-24 use sparingly I bury it around edge of pot not to close to caudex.

• sj681
    10 years ago

Thanks for the reply I live in trinidad and tobago so its very hot and that fertilizer that you use is the most common I actually purchased some soil for a pot and the soil looks a lot like that and It has cow manure but I use that for my other plants I have to repot my dr so I bought mg and perlite. Have you ever had issues with root rot using that type Of soil and alllowing them to be in the rain. My own is outside in pottjng soil and If the rain begins to pour I pull the pot under the shade I soo want to make sure If does not get root rot. Lol
    Sarika

• cwcervantes
    10 years ago

I grow mine in a similar mixture (a compost) but with lots of pumice added. I also use a manure -- guano -- as a fertilizer and occasionally I use a commercial liquid fertilizer (Dyna Gro) diluted to 1/3 strength or seawood/fish emulsion mixture. I've had great growth but no blooms.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz