Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blooms4me2

newbie to the forum love desert roses

blooms4me2
10 years ago

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum but not new to Growing desert roses. I'm on a quest to find double petaled ones of different colors like like pink double petaled or yellow double petaled I only have 3 of the same color. If any one can suggest a reliable vendor close to the Dallas area I sure would appreciate it, OR if someone here would llke to sell a cutting please contact me. This spring I have cut back several of my branches,, this is a picture before I cut back , now all three are putting on new branches,My hope is to get them to grow thicker/ more dense and promote more blooms,

{{gwi:352123}}

Comments (9)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

HI!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

You have a beauty there!!!

Im sure others in your area will chime in with info close to your area to buy!

Thanks again and welcome to the forum,,,

Laura

• blooms4me2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for the welcome Laura :D I'm hopeing there are other members here in the Dallas area that can guide me to a reliable vendor,

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful plant and I love the blooms. There are a few people that might be able to give you information of places in State.
    Just check carefully if looking for yellow. I would buy in bloom if you have an opportunity to do so, as many yellows fade or photo's show darker shade.

I am drawn to the singles now as I like that they are so uncomplicated.
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Bloomes4me2, welcome to the forum.
    If you can't find anything closer by, adeniumrose.com has very good price.
    Last week they had a mystery 6 pack and the caudexes were nice size.

One of our member here got her and she post here in this forum.
    Marie

• blooms4me2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Marie and Rick I will check out the site you suggested,,
    Rick what about the doubles are more complicated then the singles?? Just curious .

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

Hi and welcome. I'm a relative newbie here, too, and am from the Dallas area. Sadly, I've been unable to find any place in this area that has adeniums other than Lowe's occasionally. There's a place near Houston that has beautiful plants (look at Kirk's thread New Additions) but if you don't want a road trip there are a number of reputable places from which you can mail order. These babies are tough enough to survive shipping, even from Asia.

Marie mentioned adeniumrose.com which everyone raves about. I ordered from a Thai seller on eBay, best_plumeria, and the plants are small but very healthy. I know there are others.

I bet your adeniums are loving our heat even if we aren't :) It was 108F here today. Blech.

Cynthia

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

BFM2,
    What I was referring to when I said that the singles are not complicated, was in appearance only not care or growth.
    I have some Doubles and Triples. They beautiful, but I enjoy the simplicity of the single blooms.
    If you have an opportunity to purchase in person (seeing the plant and flower), this definitely the way to go. There are wonderful people to purchase from also through mail. You have many right in your own country.
    Rinoa from Taiwan is excellent.
    Rick

• blooms4me2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh Thanks for the tip Rick I will certainly keep that in mind while looking for yellow!
    Cynthia, It's really hard to find anything but the Dark pink I posted here in the dallas area So I'm with you, gonna have to order off the net ,, I really don't like to do that I'm skeptical to do that, kinda scarey to not get what I ordered, o_0

I appreciate all your input Thanks so much :)

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Hello and welcome, Blooms!

I had asked for mscynthia about possible locations around the DFW area to get adeniums from a friend of mine in the nursery industry that lives up there and he said perhaps the higher end nurseries...but they might be expensive. But he knows of my adenium obsession and always has an ear out for places for me. There are a few locations around Houston, however, that Marie had shared with me. They are spread out so if you drove from one to the other it would definitely be an all day affair. Let me know and I could share this list with you.

I had bought two adeniums from adeniumrose.com and I was happy with the size and shapes of them. I did buy the proven blooms. I would buy from them again.

Kirk

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner