Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Multi grafts on the same adenium.

Marie Tran
10 years ago

This is one of my multi color double grafts. Still more grafted branch without any buds yet, I hope it gives me 1 or 2 more colors next blooming season.
{{gwi:352199}}

{{gwi:352200}}
Dao Mongkol

{{gwi:352201}}
Amazing Thailand

{{gwi:352202}}
Purple Rose

{{gwi:352203}}

{{gwi:352204}}

{{gwi:352205}}

{{gwi:352206}}

{{gwi:352207}}

Comments (11)

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Love it! I just potted up my Ploy Praky in a very similar pot! LOL

{{gwi:352208}}

Kirk.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kirk, that plant is perfect for that pot.
    I do have the same pot. It is holding one of my bonsai plant right now.

JRN has many beautiful pots but so expensive.

Marie

This post was edited by ltran54 on Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 16:54

• Aggie2
    10 years ago

Marie,

As always beautiful plants! Congrats!

I have a question, when you graft are you using all branches on the root stock at the same time? I'm afraid that my favorite plant is going to die, and want to try grafting it. I got small DR at HD with nice strong caudex, and 4 branches. Can try all 4 but one has buds and of course I would like to see what color stock is....

TIA, Aggie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Marie, How many acres/hectares of adeniums do you actually have?
    You have such an aray of plants.
    The multi grafts are amazing and I how that I can try this one day. Have tried a few single grafts on seedling, but I did not do so well with them.
    Will try again next year.

Kirk and Marie, those pots are so fitting with your adeniums in them. Wonderful color and shapes.

Rick

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Marie That multi graft is just great. What year did you start it? I do have hopes someday of grafting my grafts I have been buying onto one plant like that. Wonderful show.

Kirk and Marie both of your plants have good looking caudexes and pots that really show them off. Thank you both. Paula

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Thanks, Rick and Paula!

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Aggie, Rick and Paul.
    Aggie, yes you can graft as many color scions on the root stock at the same time. If they bloom at the same time, you lucky, if not, you still happy with the scions and wait more. The plant itself is not going to die. If I was you, I let the mother color buds open first and see what that is. Big Box store now has very nice color DR.

Rick, my back yard only about 10-12 feet. All my DR stay in back. I wish I have bigger backyard. My front yard for COT (crown of thorns) plants. 1/2 of my DR are from seedlings.

Paula, I started grafting 3 years ago and learned from my mistake. Now I am doing well with about 80% scions took.

Marie

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Amazing plant!! Wow.

Chuy

• Marica 7 high Sierra's Ca 4,000ft
    5 years ago

Marie Tran. Your old post of multi grafts of the Multi grafts don't show could we have an up date please. I have been thinking a one color multi on nice root stock I have. Also will be trying side grafts. The messy look is in and I like simple flowers.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hello Marica, this post was in 2013, I have no idea which ones now. Some died already.

Marie

• Marica 7 high Sierra's Ca 4,000ft
    5 years ago

Ok. Just looking for other peoples multi and side grafts. Thanks anyway