Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

Seedpods and more!

kodom087 z9a
9 years ago

This will be a bit of a long post. Sorry in advance! LOL

I haven't had much to post about since about mid summer. I have poked my head in, briefly, from time to time to try to stay caught up on everyone and their beauties.

So, I was out watering my whole back yard one day and something caught my eye. It is on my Amazing Thailand.

Oh, Hello, triple seed pods! Picture taken on 9-4-14.
{{gwi:352293}}

Amazed how fast they grow. But I became a little sad to see what was three is now down to two.
{{gwi:352294}}

But that's OK. These two seem to be growing strong! This picture is of this morning's progress.
{{gwi:352295}}

A long awaited bloom of what I think is the best it has ever looked for me. (drum roll) Hassadee Red.
{{gwi:352296}}
{{gwi:352297}}

Now for some off topic stuff.
I bought this plumeria cutting and have waited for it to bloom 2-3 years now. It has been a long and painful wait. But she finally rewarded my this summer. Her name will be in one of the following pictures.
{{gwi:352298}}
{{gwi:352299}}
{{gwi:352300}}
{{gwi:352301}}

My favorite vine. Rangoon Creeper. Some friends that work at a nursery call it RuPaul because she's so showy. It's flowers open up white and as the day progresses they turn red. By the next day they are a very deep red. It's scent is a little bit of a jasmine/gardenia type. And the scent fills the whole back yard mostly from late evening to early morning. I also think this is what attracted what ever to pollinate my Amazing Thailand.
{{gwi:352302}}

And last but not least...a picture I took of one of the three super moons we had this summer.
{{gwi:352303}}

Hope this makes up for my lack of posting this year. Hate that anyone may have worried that I dropped off the face of the Earth or something. Now for me to comb through the forum and try to reply to a few of your postings.

Kirk

Comments (6)