Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowes DR Follow-up

Posted by irun5k (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 16:27

I ended up returning to Lowe's to buy one of the $14.95 DR's I mentioned in a prior post.

Healthy looking plant, overall:

Well, "at least it wasn't root bound." I honestly have no idea why they pot these things up the way they do.

This looks like a 3-year old seedling that has probably never been raised. I am of the opinion you get better results if you continually raise the plant, a little at a time. Even though this one has a large base it is somewhat boring and without interesting twists/curves/etc.

The end result- overall not bad for a $15 plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowes DR Follow-up

Yes, I agree, it's a nice healthy looking plant. What a good find you had there, I hope it does well for you.
Gill from the UK.

o

Pretty nice looking plant for the cost. Good find.

o

That is beautiful plant for $15, I hope it will bloom it head off for you next blooming season.
Your mix looks great and the pot is perfect for the plant.
Marie

o

Thanks all, that is an "azalea pot" which is sold at the big box stores. I have recently switched from traditional terra-cotta pots to shorter pots and things that look more like bowls. It is subjective but I think these plants look better in those type of pots.

o

Very nice plant. Thats very handy to know those pots are called azalea pots. You learn something every day. The plant looks very nice in it

o

Great plant and what a deal for $15!

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 14:53

Great plant,
I got one at my Lowes at clearance , $ 7.50 the other day. The girl said all plants had to be outta here to make room for Christmas stuff.
Went back later and they were all gone. Price was right.
Hi Gill.....
Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here