Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sam401_gw

Spring has sprung in "The Land Down Under"

sam401
9 years ago

My 4 mature Desert roses are all flowering at the same time!!! I love spring! My garden is full of colour!

This one is my biggest plant. She had a major prune and re pot in November last year and is doing so well now! This is the most amount of flowers its ever had.

Comments (11)

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This one has very pale pink flowers. Its very tall and tree-like. I picked this one up at the beginning of the year and left it to grow as it wanted too. Not sure if and how I would prune it???
    I think I like it the way it is :-D

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I picked this one up from Bunnings (our home and garden type store) a few months ago. I re potted it straight away as it was busting out of its pot and found this lovely caudex hiding under the soil.

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is a close up of the last plant, you can see more detail

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And lastly my favorite flower. I got this one from Sandy here in Cairns in October last year. She's called it "Netstar Lace"

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Netstar Lace.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Sam,
    Those are all very beautiful. The one from Bunnings has a gorgeous lighter pink picoteed edge, that looks like the dark color bleeds into it.
    The one from Sandy looks to have Crispum in it.
    Sandy is such a wonderful and generous person.
    I am jealous about you going into Spring, glad for you, but not looking forward to winter.
    Rick

• ginger9899
    9 years ago

Beautiful Adeniums! How nice to be going though the spring while many are gearing up for winter dormancy.

-Heather

• sam401
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Rick! I'm pretty happy with my floral children :-D
    My Bunnings flower is so different this time. Im sure the flowers were bigger when I first got it.... not that im complaining though, I love the ruffled edges with the slightly different colour. I'm going to find the photos I took of the last round of flowers and compare them.
    Sandy is such a lovely lady, and you should see her back yard!!! OH MY GOODNESS! Her grafted plants are the most magnificent sculptures I have ever seen! Not to mention the 100's of different plants she has, so many colours!

Hi Heather! Thank you, I'm pretty proud of this lot :-) Sorry, didn't mean to brag about the weather :-P

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Sam, you really have some beautiful plants. How awesome that you have someone like Sandra to visit and purchase plants from.

You are fortunate that you are just going into spring. Today was the last day of summer for the US. :( We really did not have much of a summer this year so I am a little bummed. I love winter but I am not ready for it this year.

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Sam, nice color garden....I am sure it makes you happy.

Marie

• marialeal20 Leal
    9 years ago

Hi Sam
    They are beautiful and this time of year is great for the DRs
    I have at least 20 of Sandy's myself and I have been happy with the lovely flowers they produced. I would love have a trip up to Cains and meet Sandy in person one day.
    Cheers Maria