Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allan870

Images of your Fall Desert Rose blooms

Allan870
11 years ago

Hello. This is my first post on this forum, although I have used the forum for great plant advice over the past year.

This is my first year growing a desert rose. I found a neglected one at a big box store on clearance. I have used tips from this forum to help me get started. I was surprised by all the blooms that started in August. I just wanted to share some of my photos with you all, and say thank you for the advice. I'd also like to see some of your photos. I never get tired looking at them!

Comments (18)

• Allan870
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And one more. :)

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Allan, that is beautiful pink....I have plenty of pink but still think that is beautiful.
    Marie

• Allan870
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Marie! It's my first one, but I know that next Spring I am going to try to get different varieties. These were the first ones I've seen in this area, but next year I know to be looking for them.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Love that last pic.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Hello Allan and welcome aboard, glad you 'came out of hiding' and decided to join us!!
    Great pics, so thanks for posting them. It's time our plants were beggining to slow down for their dormant period I guess, and I wonder what next season will bring? On a personal note, I hope it brings me a flower, just one will do as it's something I have not managed to achieve here in the not so trpoical UK. Tonights temps are set to drop to 4c, good job all my plants are inside!
    Hope to see you here regularly now! ;D
    Gill from the UK.

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Here are few of my fall bloom. I took these on Sep 4 and didn't have time to post yet. Even though first pot had so many buds, but most of them won't open since the flowers are so big and heavy and the branches are young and small to carry triple buds.
    {{gwi:352575}}

{{gwi:352577}}

{{gwi:352579}}

This one the caudex is about 2 inches.

{{gwi:352580}}

{{gwi:352581}}

{{gwi:352582}}

{{gwi:352583}}

{{gwi:352584}}

{{gwi:352584}}

{{gwi:352585}}

• Allan870
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Those are gorgeous ltran54! And the containers you have them planted in really make them look good. Your flowers look almost like a rose!

• averil
    11 years ago

Allan and Marie, beautiful plants ........ Im gasping here lol!!!. Thanks for sharing them

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

I brought a tiny plant from Kingadenium 3 years ago it called "Triple Splash". This summer I cut and grafted 2 scions onto another plant, and after 3 1/2 months, one opens today and few more soon to open.

Tell me if it looks like the picture from Kingadenium web site.
    {{gwi:352586}}

{{gwi:352587}}

{{gwi:352588}}

this called Double Pink Stripes. First time bloomed different than second time.

{{gwi:352589}}

Second time bloom like this.Picture took 3 days ago.

{{gwi:352590}}

• longaeva54
    11 years ago

Nice flowers, the flowers look 80 percent like the pictures from Kingadenium Website.

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Well, nothing can top Marie's photos... she has the best adeniums!

Here are a few of mine (seedlings)... nothing too exotic :)

{{gwi:352591}}

{{gwi:352592}}

{{gwi:352593}}

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

You have some very nice plants yourself, irun5k.

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Irun5k, your first picture is double? It was so big for a single bloom.
    Your plants look green, healthy and happy in those pots themselves.
    Marie

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Thanks-

The red one is a single, actually... I've noticed that on this particular plant, they tend to puff up right before opening.

Brian

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Few more pictures I took today around noon. Cold front is coming and these pots will be in the garage for few months.
    {{gwi:352594}}

{{gwi:352595}}

{{gwi:352596}}

{{gwi:352597}}

{{gwi:352598}}

{{gwi:352599}}

{{gwi:352601}}

{{gwi:352603}}

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Itran,
    Your plants are so amazing. I am hoping that when my plants are a bit older. I can ask for some assistance with pruning to get them to produce more lateral branches and become like yours.
    rcharles

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

WOW ltran54...that picture with all the plants lines up against the fence is AMAZING! You have some very mature plants with very nice caudex's I am Jealous :P

• Allan870
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So many beautiful plants! I am glad that I discovered this plant this year! And it's good to find people who enjoy it as much as I do. I have not seen many of these plants in containers around Arkansas. But it could be that these plants are probably featured on back decks and patios.