Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for adenium seeds for mom

Posted by cinnie0 9 / So Cal Joshua Tr (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 21:24

Well my mom keeps asking me what my little seedlings look like, I told her they are starting their forth set of leaves now she wants some seeds so she can watch them grow. Does anyone have any seeds they would be willing to trade for something on my list?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for adenium seeds for mom

Cinnie, it is too late to start adenium seeds now. These babies take awhile to get big and winter is coming.
You can wait until Feb 2013 and order seeds from Ebay to get fresh seeds. Fresh seeds get almost 90-95% germinate.
Remember to buy the most cheapest seeds you can get, since most of them have commond color pink.
Sow them in the late March or early April to be ideal time, because they will be 7-8 months before the winter.
Marie

o

If you want to start them indoors with bottom heat you can start them at any time. I've started plenty over the winter. I agree with Marie about buying inexpensive seeds and buy them from a reliable vendor. If they aren't fresh they won't germinate. Adenium seeds don't remain viable for long but like Marie said fresh seeds will give you almost 100% germination.

o

Cinnie,

Email me and i will send you some seeds.. I have some pods opening now..i don't need anything in return : )

I just planted some seeds from a friend from Florida and they are doing great..

i will post a pic for you.. i need to go and take a pic and upload to computer..ill be back... : )

Laura

o

Hi all thank you for replying. I do plan on starting them now with heat pads. Loveplants2 I just emailed you thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here