Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arabicums Seed Pods

Posted by ilovetogrow 9 Jax Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 21:50

This is the seed pods on one of my fuzzy leaf Arabicums. The flower is a white single and the seed pods are this cool green. What I was wondering is what is the average time that it will take to open? Thank you Paula

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arabicums Seed Pods

Hi Paula,
I have withheld from posting as I have not had seed pods to deal with.
I have seen (through photo's) from others that have seed pods and when they start to turn Biege/red color, then they will start to split. Many put a fine wire wrapped around the seed pod from tip to stem base. Some us a muslin bag that is pulled over and tied at stem base so that they do not lose the seeds.
Wish I could be of more assistance.
Rick

o

Thanks Rick. I have net stockings that I made for my seed pods out of white net used for bridal veils. I am interested in seed starting as I have about 10 plants with seed pods. Again Thank you. Paula

o

Hi Paula,

In your zone, they will probably open within a few weeks.. But these little guys are so hard to gauge, so I also recommend using something to catch them before they decide to fly away.. It has happened to me before. They opened and then that afternoon, they were gone.

Some of my trees with pods have slowed down since this cold down. In your heat, they could continue to mature and then POOF! They are here!!!

I have even tied twine to mine to keep them closed so that I could see them opened before I can miss anything. Stocking is another great idea. I just use twine in a few places on the pod.

Good luck.

Laura

o

Congratulations, Paula, you're going to have seedlings!

I've always wondered how you catch those things, since they have wings. I have a plant that shoots out seeds two to three meters out. I have to put the flower in a small ziploc bag to catch them. Even so, I still have seedlings all over various pots.

Pagan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here