Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karmaticflow

Newest Addition to my Family

Karmaticflow
10 years ago

So my Girlfriend and I go to Home Depot to pick a 4" clay pot for one of my Adenium seedlings that needs to be transplanted. So she says well I don't have any change. Cost of pot was .78. I say lets just look around and see what they have. Deep in my heart hoping to find an Adenium. Well low and behold look what I found. So we originally meant to spend a dollar. Because we had no change we spent 22$. Not so bad I'm proud of this purchase.

JR

Comments (10)

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Wow...that is wonderful purchase. That is huge caudex and nice light pink. I am sure the caudex will be bigger whenever you ready to raise it up.

I am very happy for you.

Marie

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

What a great find. I love the delicate pink color. Congrats!

Cynthia

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Congrats! Great find and what a caudex!!

Chuy

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Hello, JR!

I did pretty much the same thing over the weekend. Went to a nursery to pick up a couple of bonzai pots for some of my better looking adeniums when I saw one that I couldn't resist. So I had to get that adenium as well. LOL

Why do they have to be so addictive? I'm driving my friends crazy talking about them. I get the eye roll or glazed look on their faces every time adeniums are brought up.

Kirk

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Love the purchase...

She should be proud!!! LOL!!!

I know you are....

Kirk... I have been getting the " gazed eye roll for a few years now.."

I just offer " EYE DROPS.. ". LMAO!!!!

Believe me, I understand.... ;-)

Take care,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 15:05

• ladylotus
    10 years ago

That is ONE beautiful plant. I think there is going to be a wonderful surprise under the soil by the looks of that caudex. WISH I would have found one like that. Good for you!

Kirk, I try to talk to my (all non gardening or non TROPICAL gardening) friends and they try to change the subject as quickly as I started it. Bummer as I could talk about my adeniums and epiphyllums all day every day. I need a life!

• Karmaticflow
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My girlfriend already gives me a hard time about my Adeniums. She laughs when I take picture of my plants for here and Facebook. And I only have four plants in clay pots and eight seedlings I kept inside until the extreme heat went away. I just put them out this past weekend. I know you guys will appreciate the pictures I take. LOL. Here is a picture of the four outside.

I had pictures of the caudex but I accidently deleted them.

JR

• Karmaticflow
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My girlfriend already gives me a hard time about my Adeniums. She laughs when I take picture of my plants for here and Facebook. And I only have four plants in clay pots and eight seedlings I kept inside until the extreme heat went away. I just put them out this past weekend. I know you guys will appreciate the pictures I take. LOL. Here is a picture of the four outside.

I had pictures of the caudex but I accidently deleted them.

JR

{{!gwi}}

• Karmaticflow
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Accidental post. My phone is kicking my.....

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by Karmaticflow on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 21:23

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Nice little starter collection you got going on there. The HD one looks good repotted in that clay pot.

Kirk