Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

purple rose adenium

Marie Tran
11 years ago

We had rain last week and since the mosquitoes were very bad, I stayed inside for few days until this evening. When I was wandering around and saw this "purple rose" .The Blooms are not drooping and many more buds soon to open.

{{gwi:352824}}

{{gwi:352825}}

{{gwi:352826}}

{{gwi:352827}}

{{gwi:352828}}

Comments (10)

• averil
    11 years ago

Marie, Absolutely beautiful, as usual!! I love to see your pics. Many thanks for sharing them with us all
    Rgds
    Averil

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Very nice!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

What a beautiful flower and plant. You such amazing plants. All so healthy and such nice structure.
    I have a purple one (at least it is supposed to be) that has buds on it now, just beginning to open. If they complete I will post a photo. It called
    "Purple Rain'

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Averil, Karyn and Rcharles.
    Rcharles, I also have a purple rain plant too. The color will look like this one.

{{gwi:352829}}

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful....as usual! Marie, your plants are amazing, thanks for allowing us to see them.
    Gill from the UK.

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Gill for your kindness.

Today I noted when the bloom first opens, it is hot pink until few days later where it becomes purple.
    So many buds are not open yet, but the cold front is here and tonight only 52 degrees, I am afraid, the remainder buds don't have a chance.

{{gwi:352830}}

{{gwi:352831}}

{{gwi:352832}}

{{gwi:352833}}

• Blondmyk
    11 years ago

I am in AWE of this Adenium...it's so beautiful! Would love to have one someday, but I'm still trying to get the hang of them. Fantastic work growing this!

• teeinto
    11 years ago

Hi ltran - sorry for the off-topic post, but rcharles suggested that I post here and ask if you'd be willing to take a look at my thread about my adenium arabicum and lend your expertise. If you're willing, I could definitely use your advice.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to my thread

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

AHHHHSOME!

Lonnie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Blondmyk and Lonnie. Our cold front came and went. Some of the remaining buds opened and some soon to open. The blooms are not droop which is a plus.

Marie