Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zell75

Grafting my Adenium

Zell75
10 years ago

Alright, now I may be foolish for doing this now, and for the very first time mind you.

I have been looking around a lot to try to find out as much information on Adenium's because mine hasnt always done so hot.

It has a very nice shaped Caudex, and then it splits off into three different branches. Two of the branches were very long and very spinally, and none of the leaves stay on it. They grow green, lush leaves for a period, and I thought that I had it in good health when I noticed what I thought were going to be flowers. It was looking so good. Then I went to look at it one day, and all of the buds were shrived up and brown. This, as you can guess made me very sad. Then shortly following the browning of the buds, the leaves to shrived up and fell off.

I transplanted it when I first received it close to about a year and a half ago because it was in poor soul, and a super tiny pot. I checked the roots, and it was all fine. I then propped it up in the pot when I repotted it.

So I started looking into grafting, and watched many videos and decided that I wanted to try to help it and kick start it. So I cut the super long branches down to match the shortest one. I then cut the two branches to a taper on the end and inserted them into different places on the plant to hope they graft on to add more branches that are around the same height. On the two branches that I trimmed, I took a short piece and put a tapper on it as well and put one in each of the tall branches like all the videos had shown on youtube.

I now have a ziplock bag over the top of it, and im hoping that the grafts take, and that it will come back and be as beautiful as I see in the photos

Comments (2)