Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off topic

Posted by kodom087 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 10:09

Over the weekend I had to go back and forth from a couple of towns in East Texas so I didn't get to spend any time looking around the house to check up on my plants. Last night I noticed the townhome association has started replacing the fences so I took a quick look to discover that my bauhinia purpurea (orchid tree) is confused with our crazy Texas weather and has put out it's first bloom since I've had the thing for over 5 years. I'll take that bloom even if it's the wrong time of year! LOL

Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off topic

That's such a beautiful tree when it's in bloom. My sister recently moved to FL and has one in her backyard. She hasn't seen it in bloom yet but I assured her that she would love it.

o

Love it!

o

Don't know what took this one so long to bloom but glad it's finally started. My cousin got one from the same stock at the same time and his bloomed that same year and every year since. When I visit my sister I see lots of them around the island of Port Aransas but most of those are white with pink throats.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here