Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

New Seedlings And A Few Other Pics...

Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to share some pics of my new seedlings that i started three weeks ago. A friend from the Florida Plumeria Society sent me these Thai seeds and i felt like i needed to get them started. I placed them on a seedling heat mat and i didnt soak them or anything before i placed them in seed starter and covered them with Turface finds.

They were watered well after that and i left to go on a trip for work and when i came home, they had already started to sprout. This pic is about a week old. So they have been growing well here in VA. They are still out in my greenhouse, but since the temps have been cooling off at night..they will be coming inside soon to be placed under T-5 lights. I will wait until they have a better root system to repot into individual 3 inch containers in the gritty mix.

{{gwi:52919}}

Seedpod on one of my DR's that is ready.. This one went to a nice gal in Ill. : ) The other will head to Cinnie in CA.

{{gwi:52920}}

{{gwi:52944}}

I know some of you all grow Plumeria here.. i wanted to show you some sad pics.. getting them ready for the winter is so difficult. It is hard to give them their annual haircut. : ( Some of them will stay active under my lights, but 75 % will be forced into dormancy.

{{gwi:52924}}

{{gwi:353366}}

I thought this was fun to do.. A succulent seedling growing in Turface finds..

{{gwi:50807}}

Kimi Moragne still blooming for me.. (Plumeria)

{{gwi:52923}}

Seedpod from Leela Plumeria{{gwi:52921}}

Here is a pic of me and my new Grandson !!

{{gwi:50793}}

Big Yawn...

{{gwi:52930}}

First smile for Grandma at 4 weeks old..

I love this little guy!! He was 9 lbs 8 ozs. : )

{{gwi:52927}}

Thank for looking!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Mahalo!!

Laura

Comments (10)

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Thai Socotranum seedlings? Oh I'm so jealous! This is one I definitely want to add to my collection. Such wonderful root and crown structure possibilities on what I've seen. At least you'll have fun watching them grow indoors over the winter.

Please keep the pics of their progress coming.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Laura, very healthy babies and very beautiful (Baby).
    I am bad with my DR, you are bad with your plumeria. I bet you have every color available. I hope babies DR do well during this winter for you.
    Marie

• haworthia
    11 years ago

Laura,
    Congratulations on your beautiful and handsome grandson. I'm very happy for you and your family. Enjoy every moment. Also your plants looks great. I'm new to adeniums and learning as much as I can from this forum. I'm a collector of gasterias and haworthias in Va beach also. Have a great week.

• katluvr
    11 years ago

Laura,
    congrats on the new baby grandboy, he is so cute! and your adenium seedlings are so chubby and healthy looking .
    WOW on the plumarias, thank goodness I havent been bitten by that bug yet LOL! However I am like Marie I love the crown of thorns and have an ever growing collection of them that will be dropping tons of leaves all over the place soon :( and of coarse the adeniums I really love.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures they are really nice. Ronda

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

Oh what great pics to look at first thing in the morning. Cute little seedlings and what a great collection of Plumeria! I bet they look beautiful when they all bloom at once and you get so many different coloured flowers. Also your grandson is adorable. thanks for a great start to the day :)

Sarah

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the kind comments!!

I will get a list of my Thai DR seeds for you. I know some of them are crosses..

Hi Marie.. Always nice to hear from you!! Thank you for the compliments on my new Grandson.. I just love this little guy!! sigh...

I do admit that i have a huge Plumeria addiction.. the DR addiction is getting just as bad!! I want so many.. Doubles , Triples and im looking for yellows too!

As far as colors of Plumeria.. i have a few that i still want!! Im sure you understand.. ;-)

This winter im sure i will be lookng for the ones that will be on the wish list for spring. Hopefully the little seedlings will be fine over winter. i will bring them inside soon under my T-5 lights. The pic looks like some are yellow.. that was the light from the sun. They are all nice and green and im really happy with 99% germination. Just one didnt pop!! Darn!! : )

Rhonda,

Thank you so much for the kind comments!! I certainly appreciate them!! Please post pics of your crown of thorns.. i love them too! Thanks again!!

Sarah,

That is such a nice thing to say!! Im so glad i made your morning!! YOU just made my day!! : ) Nice to see you over at the other side.. Thanks again for the sweet comments!!

Haworthia,

Awesome!! Great to hear we have another from "757" here on the forum!!

We don't have to many here in Tidewater, but i have a friend named Peg that is here in VB and she loves DR's and Plumeria too! Please post some pics of your collection of Gasterias and Haworthias.. I would love to see them!! Please.. if you ever need anything from me.. just ask!!! So glad you have found this forum. We have lots of wonderful people here and everyone is so helpful..

Welcome!!

Take care,

Laura

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to post an upsate on my Thai seedlings..

Here are the names of these cuties..

I know it sounds crazy..but these are what came from the grower.. They sound strange, but they are crosses.

A. Arabicium & Obsesum F3 416 x self and 436 x self
    A. Arabicium & Crispum F3 Seed from 4 plants
    A. Bouquet (Arabicium & Crispum) F2
    A. (Arabicium & Obsesum) F3 Bouquet x 403

I know..

Here are the pics..

;-)

{{gwi:353369}}

Take care,

Laura

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Laura,
    They look wonderful and very healthy. Looks like good germination also.
    If it is not an imposition. Where did you find the seeds (obesumxcrispum,, etc.).
    I would like to grow some of the X's.
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

I love to see adenium seedlings. They are very cute.
    Marie

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Rick,

Send me an email and i can hopefully help you..

I purchased mine from a gentleman who lives in Florida and he belongs to another forum.

If that doen't work out, i can always send you one of mine this spring.

Take care,

Laura

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting