Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my DR in bloom

Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 12:37

brought mine in to try and lull it to sleep and it decided to go ahead and bloom so I brought it to work to enjoy and show off. our weather has been pretty ideal, nights a bit chilly but overall pretty nice.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my DR in bloom

Mike, congrats on your bloom. It is very healthy plant. You are very smart to take it to work to enjoy all day instead at home.

Marie

o

Did yo get it at Walmart? it looks like the one I got from Walmart. The pot is the same exact pot.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 16:08

Thanks Marie

Yes I did Loco. got it back around mothers day. I got my mom one also and she loves hers. This one seems to bloom about every month or so.

Mike

o

Mike you are lucky yours blooms so often

o

Lovely plant you have got there, a nice find....wish I could find one here in the UK!
Gill from the UK.

o

Hi Mike!!

Great looking DR!!

Beautiful bloom.. Looks nice and healthy!!

Whoo HOO!

Love it!

:-)

Laura

o

Nice bloom Mike.
Lonnie

o

Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 16:02

Hey thanks everyone. Since then it has opened a few more. Its been in my office ever since with only the overhead fluorescent lights. It seems to be doing ok.

This is my first year to overwinter DR's. Do I treat them like my plumeria and just let them rest? I have a couple more that are going in the greenhouse at my parents.

Mike

o

That's a nice looking specimen.

Kirk

o

Nice job, Mike! Great looking plant. I found some like that, in the same pots, at my local grocery store, too. Picked out a wonderful pure white for my mom.

I think you treat it like a plumie over winter, unless it looks like it wants to stay awake. Then you can put it in a sunny window and it may only have a very short dormancy in January/Feb.

o

Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 9:03

so its been over 2 months since I brought this DR into my office and aside from no more flowers is has dropped at most 2 or 3 leaves. The only "light" it is getting is from the overhead fluorescent lights.

I figured by now it would have lost them all.

pretty tough plants.

Mike

o

Beautiful plant Mike! Love the balanced limbs. :) so healthy!

o

Nice plant Mike

o

Thu, May 2, 13 at 15:11

So check this out. Not sure if this is normal or not since I havent grown DR's for long. I found this to be amazing.

this guy has seen no sun since my first post. The only light is the overhead fluorescent lights, I have only watered maybe once a month. The only ferts it got was any that may have been in the fish tank water that I watered it with. And now it putting out new growth. Im almost afraid to move it out. LOL

photo IMG_20130425_134218_737_zps1b034d59.jpg

I would count that as a low maintenance plant for sure.

Mike

o

It's looking great, Mike! Seems the fish water is doing it wonders as well.

Kirk

o

Wow Mike, you aren't kidding, that is one tough plant! I can't get over how healty it looks and without any sun! It sure looks happy and healthy. Beautiful!

o

Thanks.

Im almost afraid to move it back outside. it may get mad at me.LOL

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here