Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

Mr Ko (adenium ko)

kodom087 z9a
11 years ago

Seems Mr Ko aka adenium ko on ebay has some "buy it now" hybrid variety seeds for $6-$10 range. If only I had cash to spare. LOL

Comments (10)

• karyn1
    11 years ago

I think we are all in agreement that Ademium Ko is one of the better Ebay vendors but even his auctions can be a bit misleading. Not sure if you've seen previous discussions regarding his seeds. I enjoy growing adeniums from seed but when I want to be absolutely sure I'm going to have a "different" looking plant (something other then a pink or a pink/white flower) I'll start with a plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: adenium ko discussion

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I agree that it's best to get a grafted (preferably one you've actually seen the blooms on) but I enjoy growing anything from seed. If something were to come out different than what I have that'd be a bonus. Otherwise I'd at least have some root stock to do some future grafting or a decent give away to some friends.

Kirk

• summersunlight
    11 years ago

I've seen some photos of plants that the hybridizer David Clulow has grown from Mr Ko's seedlings. You can't predict exactly what you'll get from his seeds, but they do seem to produce at least a few interesting things that aren't just the normal pink.
    I'm growing some of Mr. Ko's seedlings right now. It'll be a few years before I know what they'll be but it'll be fun to see how it turns out.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Yes, I know that there are many Adenium nurseries that highly recommend Mr. Ko's seeds. He is highly respected for his cross's and you get what he offers, no fillers. In the seed growing game there will always be question as to what you get, but hopefully with seed producers such as Ko, we can get seed from plants advertised and narrow the possibility for something close to pod parents.
    Many people cannot buy grafted Adeniums and have rely on starting from seed and producing there own named hybrids.
    Rinoa is now selling seed also and was working with Mr.Ko. Rinoa stayed in Taiwan and Mr.Ko moved to China. Rinoa has nice seeds .

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

I just received some trees from Rinoa. They all look so healthy and i am very excited to get them potted up.

When they are in their new pots, i will take some pics..

This is the first time i have purchased from Rinoa..

I will say that i am very impressed!!

Laura

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Laura, you are very brave to buy adenium at this weather. But please show us some pictures.

I look at Rinoa's catalog and liked her price, but maybe next spring...

Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Yes. Rinoa has some beautiful grafted Adeniums. I have heard that they are impeccably clean and healthy. I often browse eBay, generally just to see what people have. Rinoa had a group of nine grafted plants and they sold for 29.99. Crazy. Shipping cost is very reasonable.
    Probably the import issues.
    A very helpful and nice person to deal with.

• JohnnieG78
    11 years ago

I have bought from from adenium ko and had great success with germination. It has been about two years and I have 4 to 6 inch plants with lots of variations of growth. I had about 97% germination. You don't know what color you are going to get and he does tell the buyer that on the auctions. I think that is part of the fun though!

• trip_kc
    11 years ago

I also bought seeds from Mr Ko and grafted plant and seed from Rinoa.
    Germination had been almost 100 percent.
    Have to wait for a year or more to see what these tiny seedlings have in store for me

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say that 6 of the 7 grafted trees that I bought from Rinoa are growing well and have rooted . They are all pushing leaves at this time and I am happy to see them look so good. I am out of town working, but I will post some pics of these babies when I get home. I was scared to buy them barerooted in the winter, but my friends from Florida were going in on a shipment and I had to join in... ;-) The seeds from Mark D. Are all doing well and I haven't lost any during this winter. Some are hanging on, but most are doing great. I am relieved... They will all come back in full form this summer.

Take care ,

Laura

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor