Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Purple and Phatuma adenium.

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 23:03

I brought this Black Purple early this year and now for the first time it blooms for me. The flowers are not so big and standing up straight. I like it that way. It is much dark when looking at it, but the camera light makes it lighter in the pictures. I try to take it without flash, but still much lighter than in real life. So many more buds still not open yet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some one gave me this plant few weeks ago, the plant didn't look healthy, but one bud opens for me. This named Phatuma. I hope by next year it will look better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Purple and Phatuma adenium.

Those are pretty blooms. I'm partial to the Black Purple one. It has a lot of interesting characteristics.

Kirk

o

Marie, what can I say? Yet again another lovely flowering DR and what a healthy looking plant also....just fantastic, you are so lucky.
Gill from the UK.

o

Thank you Kirk and Gill.
I noted the first bloom on this plant felt off today, it lasts 7 days. If the pot small enough, I bring it in the shade, the bloom will last longer in the shade.
There are so many smaller buds open now.

Marie

o

Think the bloom on the black purple is rather pretty!

o

Neysa, thank you for many nice commends you left me on few other threads. I hope to see you more on adenium forum and pictures of your plants too.
Marie

o

Marie, I only have one plant from WalMart last
Year. I want to make sure they wont die on me first like my plummie did!
I think the dr will be easier for me. The plummies are so pretty but I love the fat claudex on the DR so much more!

o

Hey Marie,

Where do you buy your adeniums?

Josette

o

Hello Josette, welcome to the forum.
I buy my adenium many places. Mostly in Houston.
PM me, I will give you few sellers in Houston. None of them using internet.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here