Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris705743

Get no respond from the forum

chris705743
9 years ago

I have posed two messages to get help from this forum on the 26 and 27th Nov but until today I still did not get any respond from u. I m very disappointed.
Chris705743

Comments (12)

• gessieviolet
    9 years ago

Chris, it is very discouraging, isn't it?

Don't give up, there are pages of past responses to other's post that I encourage you to keep reading, you'll learn a lot and get questions answered.

You and I are new to the forum, eventually we will become one of the regulars, whose posts get immediate attention.

Meantime, let's enjoy and learn from other's experiences.

This post was edited by gessieviolet on Sun, Nov 30, 14 at 4:55

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Chris705743,
    I feel badly about you not receiving any assistance.
    This is the first I have seen your post,
    I apologize.
    The people of the Adenium group "are" very helpful, but many seem to be away at this time. Please do not feel that I/we are purposely ignoring you.

Could you direct me to where you posted, as I would like to help out if I can.
    Again, I do apologize and I know that others would feel the same if they where frequenting at this time.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Rick

This post was edited by rcharles on Sun, Nov 30, 14 at 10:23

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

perhaps a malaysian ..... doesnt know this was the third biggest holiday week of the year ... in the US.. where a vast percent of the GWs are ...

patience is a virtue ... and i dont understand the gratuitous snarky response ...

and FYI ... between now and xmas/new years ... ALL the forums slow down ... as again... a vast majority of us are in the northern hemisphere ... and its winter ... and even peeps who do things indoors ... push it all aside for the end of year holidays ...

ken

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Chris, you have to find the populated forums. And even then, be patient.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Hi folks, as I actually started the GW Adenium forum in April 2012 I certainly hope it's already helped a lot of growers (me included as that was my main reason for instigating it!). So, I feel a need to respond to the above in some way :)

Chris705743 sorry you seem 'very disappointed', and Gessieviolet I apologise for you being 'very discouraged', but, it happens.
    That said, Chris, I have searched GW (not just this forum, but GW as a whole) for your posts of 26&27 Nov...and they do not appear anywhere??
    As already pointed out by respected member Rick, it's a quiet time of the year on many forums and especially here as our plants 'tend' to go dormant...like us members. Work, celebrations for some, and life get in the way. After all, the help, time and advise given is all voluntary as you are no doubt aware.
    As for posts of newcomers not being answered immediately, I'm sure you realise that isn't intentionally the case :) Global time differences can add to time delays in some cases (I note you are from Malaysia...KL is some 13hrs ahead of New York!) Posts are answered by those who have the spare time to actually be on the site at any given time or by whoever choses to reply, for whatever reason. Response rate/number of replies can even be dictated by the wording in the subject matter, and also by how the actual post is worded...we do like a 'please' or a 'thank you' :) Even those with subjects titles that crop up (very) regularly are answered with courtesy. ..despite there being a search facility giving lots of past info.
    Please do not feel discouraged from posting. Your ??'s will be answered, though not always immediately, as Ken says....patience :)
    Good luck with your DR
    Gill UK

• jayeff71
    9 years ago

Chris vey disappointed in your post you only joined the forum on the 25th November 2014 you have to be very patient this time of the year , also realize that you are lucky living in Asia the same as myself we have the pleasure of DR,s flowering all year round where in the USA and UK its winter time for along period and there Adeniums lay dormant for months on end.

You need to digest all that Gill UK has posted to you then you will understand the situation in other parts of the world.

In future do not put remarks like that on our Forum its our way of communicating .

Unhappy Member

• chris705743
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would like to thanks gessieviolet, racharles, ken adrian and grennlaws for our kind explain to me. I really didn't that it's long holidays in UK. Anyway one of my adenium plant leaves all turned yellow and fall off, now the plant become leaves less. I have dig out the head to see but it was not rot, so I really dun what happened.Anyway I have changed the soil.I hope someone can help me. gessieviolet can have have ur email address, I will like to write to you discuss my plants with you. Thank you so much everybody. Have a nice day.

• gessieviolet
    9 years ago

Chris, click my name in this post or click highlited "my page". It will take you to my personal info page. There is a highlighted place to click that allows you to send me an e-mail.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Chris, thanks for a nice reply, I hope you can find out what is wrong with your plant. I hope you also have a good day too :)

Gill UK
    PS after just re-reading my reply on Sunday, I realised it wasn't you who commented on 'only regular posters being answered immediately'....so I apologise for my mistake, but hope the explanation that followed on showed you the reasons for the inevitable delay this time of year can often bring.

• chris705743
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gill UK,
    Thank you so much for your explain of the western life styles on these two months for I really have no ideas they have long holidays on this month. You all have been very kind and helpful. I am really very sorry to have said such things as I was disappointed with the forum and please do forgive me.
    Actually I wanted to post some of my plants to show you but was not successful because when after I have finished my message and uploaded the picture, when I pressed the preview message button it cannot work, but if without pictures it can be preview . I really dun know why, maybe I am not sure how this forum work. If you can give me your email address I would like to show you some of my plants. Thanks again Gill and everybody and have a nice day.

• chris705743
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gill UK,
    Thank you so much for your explain of the western life styles on these two months for I really have no ideas they have long holidays on this month. You all have been very kind and helpful. I am really very sorry to have said such things as I was disappointed with the forum and please do forgive me.
    Actually I wanted to post some of my plants to show you but was not successful because when after I have finished my message and uploaded the picture, when I pressed the preview message button it cannot work, but if without pictures it can be preview . I really dun know why, maybe I am not sure how this forum work. If you can give me your email address I would like to show you some of my plants. Thanks again Gill and everybody and have a nice day.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

You have a good day as well..

Lots of great people here to help, but a lot of us were on break still digesting our Turkeys!! :-).

We all have been busy getting our plants inside for the winter and it can be exhausting .. So people are busy.. Work, families etc..

Gill and Rick are right about it being a slow time on all of the forums... All of my trees are dormant ... We also have had terrible snow ( freezing temperatures) and bad weather on the east coast. Remember.. We come here to relax on our time..

No one here would ever not respond because people are new.. We aren't that way here on this forum at all We welcome new members ...

So welcome to the adenium forum!!!

Take care,

Laura