Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will seeds survive shipping in winter?

Posted by frearjack London- Zone 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 6:48

Hi,

I am thinking of buying some adenium obesum seeds from Asia, as they are much cheaper than buying at home here in the UK. However. I am concerned they may not survive the long journey, as temperatures could turn to freezing in the near future. I hear that some tropical seeds can survive short bursts of freezing temperatures, but cannot find out what ones. Should I buy from Asia or pay more than double here at home?

Any help will be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will seeds survive shipping in winter?

Hi
I have had seed sent to me here (Canada) in the winter and they where fine. I keep my extra seeds in the fridge (inside ziploc and sealed container) and planted up in spring and they germinate very well.
I would order from Asia.

o

That's great news, thanks for your help.

o

Seeds from Ko, Adeniumcenter and Rinoa, all with excellent germination and seed quality very good. I am sure there are others also.

o

just got some seeds from Ko, ordered 10 he sent me 15, 14 germinated. mr Ko or Rinoa i would go with.
Frank

o

I think I'll go with Ko. I can't find Rinoa and Adeniumcenter doesn't ship to the UK. It's a shame, as they seem to have a wide variety.

Thanks!

o

Hi frearjack,
I didn't realize that with adeniumcenter?
Rinoa has some seeds on eBay. tw-adeniums
Ko, is great and very reputable, would be a good choice.
Rick

o

• Posted by juneyp Yorkshire UK 8a (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 6:21

Hi frearjack,
I have just received a pack of seeds from AMB Trading via Amazon.co.uk and they look fine (arrived undamaged from Poland) but I guess successful germination will be the proof. This is my first attempt at growing Adenium and I have chosen Obesum Honey and Sunday. I haven't found many suppliers in UK.
Juneyp

o

Can someone give me the link to Ko and Rinoa's ebay stores? I can't seem to find them at all, even under "tw-adeniums"

o

Should be able to find them on eBay, if you type in on left column where it states specify seller.
adenium_ko is there and rinoa under tw_adeniums. Rinoa will send a PDF of what she has and has some nice seeds and plants on eBay right now.
rinoa.ch@gmail.com
Hope this helps,
Rick

o

I also bought some seeds from Mr Ko in Dec12 but did not sow them due to cold weather
can anybody advise me when to sow these in northern India?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here